chris mcphee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
mickyflash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mickyflash »

royalgull wrote:Whilst i don't really agree with the above post, i too made the point about Ling's skills in front of the cameras. Definitely not of the same standard as Buckle's. Seems a nervous character or more likely just out of his comfort zone having to talk to papers/websites. Probably a different bloke in the flesh as it were.

McPhee is a totally different player to the one that was here previously. He was 7 or 8 years younger for a start at his first club where he was really involved in the first team and on top of that was in a shocking side. He's gone away and done well everywere he's been sicne developing his game so he can play in a load of different positions. The only concern for me is that it was at a lower level. But he's local, he's now at a good age, he's a free transfer, 18 goals last season he's just worth a punt. if he hadn't been here previously I'm fairly sure there would be a bit more support for this move.
AndyC wrote: Bucks was much better at telling porkies as well.

Seems like everything Ling said he was going to do, he has done.

I'm with you with regards to the signings, but until the jury comes in with a verdict and we actually see them gel as a team, there is no point beating Ling down with a stick.

McPhee is certainly a better player than he was when he left us, that I will guarantee.
Maybe a combination of my memory of him in a poor side, his inexperience when he was with us and him scoring a penalty against us at Wembley has hindered my opinion on him. I sincerley hope he is a better player now than when he was with us last and his statistics show this is the case.

We are all well aware of Buckle antics, but you cannot argue that the players he brought into the club in the main took the club forward, even his unpopular decisions such as Hargreaves/Sills/Woods/Hill. He was always looking to take the club to the next level, So far I feel Ling is looking to keep us here rather than take us forward, and given that he has been told by the board this is a consolidation period I guess he is just doing his job, and my/our expectations should be redirected. It just seems such a shock to the system going from buckle's 'over' enthusiastic approach about a players potential, to Lings "I've seen him play twice" approach.

Of course it is not fair to judge how we will fair next season on this signing alone, but I do hope we bring in a bit more Quality because if our options next year are Manse/McPhee in midfield or Kee/McPhee up front I fear we will struggle.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

TUFC92 wrote:Pleased with the signing of McPhee, I think he can do a job and the fact he can play in numerous positions can only be a good thing. Seen someone making out that the fact that he wants to play for Torquay to be a bad thing? Surely it is a good thing that he lives locally and really wants to play for us so he can stay local, surely it means that he will want to be here and will be determined to put in the performances to stay?

As for the other striker being talked about above, Ryan Jarvis? Played at Northampton on loan last year did he not?
He was on loan from Orient if i remember rightly? And was there when Ling was?
Not a bad shout if im correct.

But hes like 6ft so not really short and fast?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

TUFC92 wrote:Pleased with the signing of McPhee, I think he can do a job and the fact he can play in numerous positions can only be a good thing. Seen someone making out that the fact that he wants to play for Torquay to be a bad thing? Surely it is a good thing that he lives locally and really wants to play for us so he can stay local, surely it means that he will want to be here and will be determined to put in the performances to stay?

As for the other striker being talked about above, Ryan Jarvis? Played at Northampton on loan last year did he not?
Not small and nippy though?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

i'd hoped we might be able to get Scott McGleish but that description isn't him apart from the short hair.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

wrong so far chaps and ladies very short hair quick nippy horrible northern club
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Yeah that's true, I can't see anyone who has been released by a league two club that stands out though.

Was he actually at a league two club last season or was he on loan from a league one club?
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

Whats Northern though. Everyone is Northern to us.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

could it be someone at Stockport ?? were in Div1 for a bit, Div2 last year, and probably cutting budget now ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Ludlow Gulled
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Ludlow Gulled »

Short, nippy, very short hair, horrible northern club...it's Rooney, isn't it? No. Hang on - he's had those hair extension things, ain't he? Like Shane Warne and Graeme Gooch's moustache.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

Would love to say Calvin Zola, but i dont think cornrows count as short hair :lol:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

horrible northern club, thats gotta be stanley surely?? just gotta work out who they had last season that has dropped down from a league one club??

none of the others are that horrible are they? bury, bradford, chesterfield etc all ok?
still keeping the faith
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

That penalty at Wembley shouldn't hinder your opnion of him mickeyflash cos M. Rice saved it lol.

I actually quite liked C Mcphee when he was here always seemed honest and never reacted to any of the crap thrown at him by the pop. Couple that with this is probably going to be regarded by him as a massive league opportunity and he will want to impress. Didn't he score the goal for us that knocked out Argyle in the Devon Bowl thingy? I remember that pillock pork pie (or whatever his name was) reacting when I wound him up about it. Strange how we don't hear from him these days lol

He wants to be here, good luck to him

Welcome back Chris
Last edited by Dave_Pougher on 28 Jun 2011, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

anyone care to wade thru the lists here to see whos been released? and matches the description!!

http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

is it chris shuker?? tranmere then morecombe, now released?? or is he more of a midfielder??
still keeping the faith
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Jj melligan anyone!!?

Has Played for leyton orient!