Danny Stevens - Thankyou

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

Just an year ago he finished as second best goalscorer for our club...he had a few injuries this term but if healthy and if given the chance he is capable of doing that again. And having said that I can't see how a winger scoring 10 per season can be "not good enough" for the job. As for the tributes...If you say thank you to somebody and in the same time you are aware that he is not going to read it then I find it useless..If you tell your opinion about a player in general or expressing your thought about a particular match performance is a different story. This is actual discussion with people, which is one of the reasons for this forum.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

MH91 wrote:Just an year ago he finished as second best goalscorer for our club...he had a few injuries this term but if healthy and if given the chance he is capable of doing that again. And having said that I can't see how a winger scoring 10 per season can be "not good enough" for the job. As for the tributes...If you say thank you to somebody and in the same time you are aware that he is not going to read it then I find it useless..If you tell your opinion about a player in general or expressing your thought about a particular match performance is a different story. This is actual discussion with people, which is one of the reasons for this forum.
Do you fancy doing an after dinner with Bill Oddie? I'd do it but i can't get in touch with him, anyone got any batteries for an ericsson? :clown:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I remember Danny's first game for the Club - he was on trial in a PSF (can't remember which one) and had a storming game, running rings around his more experienced opposite number.

I was so impressed I called out "sign him up Buckle!" At which point PB turned round (I was in the old Grandstand) and nodded his agreement. He was signed up after the game ended!

Since then I have seen many good performances from him and some great goals so I would add my appreciation for all his efforts over the last six years - he has been an excellent club man.

Good luck for the future, Danny!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

I don't have a clue what you said or meant Andy..or who Bill Oddie is..:)
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

All the best Danny and thank you for your six years at Torquay!
TUST MEMBER
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

thanks danny , a great servant to the club, some great goals, i wish you well for the future :bow:
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

It's only right that I add my thanks to Danny for the way he has applied himself and given us a few golden moments in his time at Plainmoor. His two against Yeovil Town in the FA Cup a few years ago had me jumping around my front room as it was live on BBC that afternoon. I couldn't get down for that one but boy! what an afternoon for TUFC and our Danny boy. There were some other memorable moments too but that one stands out for me. Thanks mate and may good fortune follow you where ever you go.
Oblivion!!!!
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

I'd also like to add my thanks! thank you Danny, essential role in getting us back in the football league, if you don't find another league club, I wish you all the best firing a nonleague club up from the conference to join us!
The gulls are going up
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

One constant in life is change, sad to see Danny move on.

Only ever got to see him on the Gulls player and remember his volley from edge of area vs stevenage? - absolute rocket which came to him off a rebound from the bar? - flipping great goal.
Sweet technique watching his chip in the crossbar challenge vid(compare to Elliot B or Shaun North LMFHO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH-TMolHOHE
Here's his goal vs Woking - reminds me of Michael Owens finish vs Argentina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0bM11Qr0eo
He was quite the characther, wish him all the best!
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Errr your not convinced that Bodin is better than Stevens. Unbelievable.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

billy will come good, he has it, it just needs to be brought out, knilly is the man to do that.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

All the ass lickers have had their say now my it's my shout.

The tiny shorn off runt was supposed to be a winger - but hid from the Popside when the going got tough - drifted inside away from the "stick" (enthusiastic encouragement).

Doug Clarke, Ronnie Barnes, Tony Scott, Bruce Stuckey, Donal Murphy, Lee Sharpe, GG(Greg Goodridge) Rodney Jack . . . . .

Real wingers, real winners who never hid.

Ta dah little f*cker. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Been drinking much?

Bit harsh. A thank you for your services would have been a little nicer.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Trojan 67 wrote:All the ass lickers have had their say now my it's my shout.

The tiny shorn off runt was supposed to be a winger - but hid from the Popside when the going got tough - drifted inside away from the "stick" (enthusiastic encouragement).

Doug Clarke, Ronnie Barnes, Tony Scott, Bruce Stuckey, Donal Murphy, Lee Sharpe, GG(Greg Goodridge) Rodney Jack . . . . .

Ridiculous and shameful post. Guess we have found one of the popside bullies in you.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

Trojan 67 wrote:All the ass lickers have had their say now my it's my shout.

Disgusting lame post, just the sort of crap that has kept me away from this site for years at a time. This is not opinion, it is just offensive faceless crap from a keyboard warrior, very big of you! :@