Manager

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: Agree Shane and as I have said previously, we have some total tools on here that "support" TUFC.

If they are so bothered, why dont they just f**k off and support manure or real madrid instead.
That's more stupid than anything brucie has said.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Agreed. anyone putting £20-25 into the club every week even if they have a moan is far more welcome than them 'fcuking off to manure'
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

royalgull wrote:Agreed. anyone putting £20-25 into the club every week even if they have a moan is far more welcome than them 'fcuking off to manure'
well thats all fine and dandy - but not everyone on here that moans does "put £20-25 into the club every week" so whats your point?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

royalgull wrote:Agreed. anyone putting £20-25 into the club every week even if they have a moan is far more welcome than them 'fcuking off to manure'
We were talking specifically about a particular individual who evidently won't be coming back because we didn't play like Barcelona and win 5-0 in the first home game of the season. Some people have very unrealistic expectations, and that isn't the fault of the manager.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Anyone that goes to a Torquay game and doesn't expect it to be anything but absolutely terrible deserves to be disappointed.

The point is 'to fcuk off and support Man Utd' is the worst arguement ever made as we or any other lower league club can't afford to turn supporters and their dosh away. Whether they sing, moan or sit in silence.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

royalgull wrote:Anyone that goes to a Torquay game and doesn't expect it to be anything but absolutely terrible deserves to be disappointed.

The point is 'to fcuk off and support Man Utd' is the worst arguement ever made as we or any other lower league club can't afford to turn supporters and their dosh away. Whether they sing, moan or sit in silence.
you have obviously have missed the point.

the point is posters on here moan if they havnt been to the match.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

SuperNickyWroe wrote: you have obviously have missed the point.

the point is posters on here moan if they havnt been to the match.
You mean people like me but would love to go?
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Keep digging SNW; give our regards to the Earth's core!
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

jonnyfive wrote:Keep digging SNW; give our regards to the Earth's core!
how am I still digging?

TUST Member 468

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Why on earth is everybody arguing about a "bloke" that Brucie claims to have met during the only game that he has been to this season?

Don't forget that Brucie has claimed before to have met people during games, or to have gone to games with fans of other clubs, who agree with him that Torquay are awful to watch, doomed to go down, have useless players etc (just take your pick). Really good to have "met a bloke" at a game whose claimed statements illustrate and agree with your criticism of the team, manager, ground, club, the board. We could all point to friends and acquaintances who support everything we say, politicians do this all the time.

Relentless, unconstructive, unevidenced criticism is very boring and unhelpful, but very easy to produce week after week. Constructive criticism is much more credible, but harder to write.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: how am I still digging?
I apologise - reading back I now understand that you were only referring to cyber-moaners. I am sure you agree that, as oft-stated on here, a paying customer at Plainmoor has every right to grumble if the product is poor.

And I couldn't resist paraphrasing Basil Fawlty.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

I'm a firm believer of if a team struggles for the first 15/20 games up until Christmas then the manager should get the benefit of the doubt. If problems still occurs by the end of January then a change is needed. At the start of each season, Ultimately I expect us to struggle, it's the way it's always been for me. I do have the blind hope and optimism that we all get at the start of a campaign but deep down I take everything in to account and conclude that we're a tiny club, in a town where nobody up north knows where it is and that realistically we should all know that league 2 is where we should be .. The universe rights its wrongs eventually so we can expect teams like Yeovil to be back around the lower leagues soon. All in all if we play shite football week in week out we know a change will be made, it just may not happen as soon as people want. I think AK has the right ideas and philosophies compared to last seasons rubbish so I'm still supporting him until I'm pried otherwise .. 4 games in is nowhere near long enough.
Last edited by Gazzableedsgull on 21 Aug 2013, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

jonnyfive wrote: I apologise - reading back I now understand that you were only referring to cyber-moaners. I am sure you agree that, as oft-stated on here, a paying customer at Plainmoor has every right to grumble if the product is poor.

And I couldn't resist paraphrasing Basil Fawlty.

no worries Jonny.

And of course you are correct about paying customers. They can moan alll they want in my book.

and if I ever meet you "I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!" :rofl:

TUST Member 468

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

I don't think you have to be a paying customer to have a dig. People here are hardly glory supporters. Just for the record I was a paying customer and now i'm not so does that not give me the right to moan?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

usagullmichigan wrote:I don't think you have to be a paying customer to have a dig. People here are hardly glory supporters. Just for the record I was a paying customer and now i'm not so does that not give me the right to moan?
Just to clarify, are we talking about real people who pay to see real games, or the apparent "bloke" that Brucie claims to have met at the Wimbledon game (the bloke who allegedly thought it was so terrible that he won't come again)? If it is the former then I agree that they do of course have a right to moan (but not to abuse Torquay players), as they have paid for the privilege. If it is the latter, then I don't give a rat's a*se.