Give Hargreaves A Chance

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

nickbrod wrote:Hargreaves got the tactics just right today at Bristol Rovers with the players who were prepared to play for him. On this display no matter how the season ends CH knows what it needs to make us successful once again.
We played with attacking intent and our shape showed that with confidence the future's bright.
Let's not get carried away - it is one small floatation device in significant whirlpool ! :-/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

nickbrod wrote:Hargreaves got the tactics just right today at Bristol Rovers with the players who were prepared to play for him. On this display no matter how the season ends CH knows what it needs to make us successful once again.
We played with attacking intent and our shape showed that with confidence the future's bright.
are you having a laugh?

so, hes managed to get it right at last

all the players and formations that he has used, im glad hes finally managed it.

pity its taken so long.

how does he suddenly know what it needs to make us successful?

sorry mate but you are out to lunch.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: are you having a laugh?

so, hes managed to get it right at last

all the players and formations that he has used, im glad hes finally managed it.

pity its taken so long.

how does he suddenly know what it needs to make us successful?

sorry mate but you are out to lunch.
He has, however, managed Knill's team to as many wins in 17 games, as your mate Knill managed in 27. Doesn't make him good but compares favourably to someone you defended.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

hector wrote: He has, however, managed Knill's team to as many wins in 17 games, as your mate Knill managed in 27. Doesn't make him good but compares favourably to someone you defended.
AK was quite rightly fired.

the point remains is that CH isnt the man to keep us in the FL and its also likely that he will struggle in the conference.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

It's taken CH this long to finally find a winning formula (albeit against a very poor team).

When all the loanees leave at the end of the season and those out of contract are sent packing (with the exception of Mansell and Nico obviously), how long into next season will it take CH to find the winning formula again?

Lots of people wetting themselves about yesterdays win against the mighty Bristol Rovers but lets not get carried away. We are still totally adrift of the rest of the pack and heading for relegation after a season of total failure.

It took CH three games to work out that Shaqs attacking intent would be best served playing up front instead of out on the wing.

I still don't have much confidence in CH because even if we win all our remaining games (that's a big ask) he still has to start from scratch in the summer once the squad is trimmed.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Burnhamgull wrote:It's taken CH this long to finally find a winning formula (albeit against a very poor team).

When all the loanees leave at the end of the season and those out of contract are sent packing (with the exception of Mansell and Nico obviously), how long into next season will it take CH to find the winning formula again?

Lots of people wetting themselves about yesterdays win against the mighty Bristol Rovers but lets not get carried away. We are still totally adrift of the rest of the pack and heading for relegation after a season of total failure.

It took CH three games to work out that Shaqs attacking intent would be best served playing up front instead of out on the wing.

I still don't have much confidence in CH because even if we win all our remaining games (that's a big ask) he still has to start from scratch in the summer once the squad is trimmed.
And that will be the real test. Left with the dross that Alan Knill created, Hargreaves has struggled. There will be no excuses when it is his own team. It wouldn't surprise me to see Goodwin and Cargill here for the season next year. I cannot imagine Spurs would look to loan Coulthirst to a non-league team but he would do incredibly well at that level.

We need a forward and our best bet of getting one is to look at good players at Conference South/North level who bang the goals in, like Ebbsfleet did when they signed Michael Gash (name always makes me chuckle) from Cambridge City. There will be gems below the Conference, just waiting to be discovered - just hope we have the wherewithal to try and find them.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hector CH, took an 18 man squad to Rovers yesterday only 7 of them 6 starting 1 sub were players signed by Alan Knill , roughly 39% of the squad, and just over 50% started were signed by AK so quite how it could AK's team I don't know, AK was right royally forked over by certain members of the board, the same way, I've now realised Martin Ling was, not his fault we are were we are, as said before given peanuts, could only pay monkeys.

In the squad yesterday was, Tonge, Pearce, O'Connor, Cameron, Harding, Benyon, Chapell, so come Hector put your hand on your heart and be honest, tell us which these players you actually think our really dross.

I'll give you my thoughts, Pearce, O'Connor and Chapell fantastic players signed by Knill, although CH has completely destroyed our most consistent attacking treat in Chapell, preferring his best mate and the utterly useless Danny Stevens.

Cameron starting to show the potential AK saw in him, Harding the most under rated player we've had in along time, a large amount fans simply don't like him , Harding will never win here, he could score a hat trick and some fans will still say he's crap, pretty rough when face doesn't fit.

The only dross he signed was Tonge, and sadly for me, because I thought it was a good signing at the time Benyon, not bad in my view.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sorry just to add, yesterday as said was a welcome win, but reading match reports of our fans seem to suggest Rovers yesterday were one of the worst sides we'd played all season, so, no, not getting carried away right now, will speak again after the Easter weekend, looking at performances rather than results to see if there is a patten developing in our play and team set up that will give me confidence going forward in CH.

wrote on the match day thread on the league 2 forum that Stockley's suspension and Goodwin's return could actually force CH into to playing a formation that could see us actually score a goal, yep, was right, and a real shame it took this for CH to do something that seemed obvious to me.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

forevertufc wrote:Hector CH, took an 18 man squad to Rovers yesterday only 7 of them 6 starting 1 sub were players signed by Alan Knill , roughly 39% of the squad, and just over 50% started were signed by AK so quite how it could AK's team I don't know, AK was right royally forked over by certain members of the board, the same way, I've now realised Martin Ling was, not his fault we are were we are, as said before given peanuts, could only pay monkeys.

In the squad yesterday was, Tonge, Pearce, O'Connor, Cameron, Harding, Benyon, Chapell, so come Hector put your hand on your heart and be honest, tell us which these players you actually think our really dross.

I'll give you my thoughts, Pearce, O'Connor and Chapell fantastic players signed by Knill, although CH has completely destroyed our most consistent attacking treat in Chapell, preferring his best mate and the utterly useless Danny Stevens.

Cameron starting to show the potential AK saw in him, Harding the most under rated player we've had in along time, a large amount fans simply don't like him , Harding will never win here, he could score a hat trick and some fans will still say he's crap, pretty rough when face doesn't fit.

The only dross he signed was Tonge, and sadly for me, because I thought it was a good signing at the time Benyon, not bad in my view.
:goodpost:
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote:Hector CH, took an 18 man squad to Rovers yesterday only 7 of them 6 starting 1 sub were players signed by Alan Knill , roughly 39% of the squad, and just over 50% started were signed by AK so quite how it could AK's team I don't know, AK was right royally forked over by certain members of the board, the same way, I've now realised Martin Ling was, not his fault we are were we are, as said before given peanuts, could only pay monkeys.

not a good post dave, but a great post - especially regarding chappell. benyon has been disappointing, but for me the most dire signing is tonge and having seeing him play numerous times before he joined us, i thought he would be good for us.

interesting what you say about harding, and as for what you said about stevens, say no more.

TUST Member 468

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Burnhamgull wrote:It's taken CH this long to finally find a winning formula (albeit against a very poor team).

You obviously don't know how difficult it is to manage a side with players contracted to the club and they are not what you want but have to play them. Hargreaves has done his best to get the best players without going over his budget. It would not supprise me that in a couple of games he could not make a choice substitution as players are on appearance money. I think that a few decisions over the weeks have been naff but I can see reasons for it. :keepie:
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Give ch a chance, knill fuc__ed it up before he got here, let him build his own team during the summer then judge him on results then not now, to many football managers on this forum who think they know it all, give the man a break.harry rednapp could have taken over from knill but he wouldnt have saved us either, the damage was done.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Give ch a chance, knill fuc__ed it up before he got here, let him build his own team during the summer then judge him on results then not now, to many football managers on this forum who think they know it all, give the man a break.harry rednapp could have taken over from knill but he wouldnt have saved us either, the damage was done.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

By the way burnham, neither nice or manse will be here next season, ch knows they have to go.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

By the way burnham, neither nice or manse will be here next season, ch knows they have to go.