Possible targets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
BedfordGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by BedfordGull »

Hasn't Joe Jacobson been released by Shrewsbury? I know he isn't likely to drop to the Conference, but what would you all think to him?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

BedfordGull wrote:Hasn't Joe Jacobson been released by Shrewsbury? I know he isn't likely to drop to the Conference, but what would you all think to him?
Personally, I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to central defenders and he is under 6 foot!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Re; Asa Hall, to honest I think he was one player of many on that list who were unrealistic targets that was possibly the figment of someone's imagination. I was not arrogant enough to think we as a club could simply put together a squad a walk away straight back into the football league despite talk from the club of promotion budgets, but I'm coming increasingly more concerned about our chances of even competing at the right end of the conference as the weeks go by.

I'm looking at the transfer business done by the major players in the conference, and by Eastleigh, even Welling who have tapped into Norwich City's highly rated U21 squad via the loan market, so far all we have is the promise of two trialists with potential, and three further trialists that are experienced conference players, that suggests to me they are on the list of 'pro's with no where to go' but hey, I'm sure CH is still busy on the phone , lets hope he can start walking the walk soon, otherwise we could be in for a very long hard season back in the conference.
Formerly known as forevertufc
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

PhilGull wrote: Personally, I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to central defenders and he is under 6 foot!
I thought he was a left back?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
BedfordGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by BedfordGull »

yellowforever wrote: I thought he was a left back?
I too thought he was a left back. He certainly played at left back whenever I have seen him.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Time passed...and no-one signs (with apologies to Dylan Thomas].
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I really was hoping that something would have been done by today - which was my own self-imposed deadline if they wanted me to renew my season ticket. So there is about an hour or two left before I have to decide to shell out to watch Elliot Benyon falling over all season and not scoring.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Hard to sign players when you have no money to offer them. Those sat there wih a second year of a fat wage will prove nigh on impossible to move on and there is little left to offer with this sucking the budget almost dry.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Richinns wrote:Hard to sign players when you have no money to offer them. Those sat there wih a second year of a fat wage will prove nigh on impossible to move on and there is little left to offer with this sucking the budget almost dry.
Agreed ...still, those fat wages will be 20 % slimmer now.........
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Forget Mark Ellis, he's signed for Shrewsbury today.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

nickbrod wrote:Forget Mark Ellis, he's signed for Shrewsbury today.
They'll be going straight back up, a few good editions
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Where do you work, Roar?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Talk of players like Asa Hall etc from the HE - whether it came from the club or not - is ridiculous. I will be amazed if we sign anyone of real pedigree. The Trialists that CH has lined up (some unknown kid, and a bit of a young journeymen who was filling the bench for Welling) are more what I am expecting to hear. The three "experienced" players CH talks of, I'm expecting to have significant baggage with them, I.e long term injury, disciplinary problems or been playing in some foreign backwater.

Until we can offload the transfer list 8, we are basically screwed. And realistically, are we going to offload them? If we are lucky, Tonge and Chappell might interest the likes of Halifax, North Ferriby or Guiseley (thanks to their Yorkshire connections). Craig will do well to tout himself a Chester or Colwyn Bay if he wants to return to North Wales.

Cooper, Harding and Downes wouldn't break my heart if they stayed to be fair. If fit, I think all could do a job but I'd much rather seem them shipped out and a new broom sweep through the squad.

Hawley and Benyon we have no hope of moving on.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

the last experienced trialist that was hyped about was Craig Easton, and before that taiwo atieno! I'm not getting too excited over a couple of trialists!
The gulls are going up
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

ferrarilover wrote:Where do you work, Roar?

Matt.
Just finished a lovely 3 years at uni Matt!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!