Nuneaton Town v Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Dave_Pougher wrote:

Will we ever score again,

Maybe we will ! And I know when !

Next season! ,, after the dynamic duo Hargreaves and Hodges have sorted EVERYTHING out !
:O :rofl:

:lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

BBC stats: Possession Torquay 62% Nuneaton 38%
Shots Torquay 15 (5 on target) Nuneaton 12 (4 on target)
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I fail to see why people are panicking, we're just a mere 19 points off the playoff places and there is still the opportunity for all the clubs above us to be deducted points for fielding ineligible players....

We have an ambitious young manager who is full of ideas and has a bulging contact book. Once he calls in a few favours from Jose, Arsene, Louis and Brendan, we'll see an exciting crop of young talented players come south and then suddenly you'll all be banging on about how you had faith all along.....

I think Thea is being incredibly disloyal to walk out on the club when we're on the cusp of something massive!

Just you wait and see.......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Burnhamgull wrote:I fail to see why people are panicking, we're just a mere 19 points off the playoff places and there is still the opportunity for all the clubs above us to be deducted points for fielding ineligible players....

We have an ambitious young manager who is full of ideas and has a bulging contact book. Once he calls in a few favours from Jose, Arsene, Louis and Brendan, we'll see an exciting crop of young talented players come south and then suddenly you'll all be banging on about how you had faith all along.....

I think Thea is being incredibly disloyal to walk out on the club when we're on the cusp of something massive!

:rofl: this made I laugh.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Burnhamgull wrote:I fail to see why people are panicking, we're just a mere 19 points off the playoff places and there is still the opportunity for all the clubs above us to be deducted points for fielding ineligible players....

You're a naughty boy....

Go and sit on that step..... :} :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Cone on SNW, I think I can see what the board and CH are trying to build and ask you to join me on the crusade!!!!

I think we should tie CH down to a 5 year contract immediately....

We once beat Burnley FC in a play off semi final, tonight they are beating Man City.......this is the dream that we can achieve if we stick with Chris Hargreaves.....

Isn't it?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Burnhamgull wrote:Cone on SNW, I think I can see what the board and CH are trying to build and ask you to join me on the crusade!!!!

I think we should tie CH down to a 5 year contract immediately....

We once beat Burnley FC in a play off semi final, tonight they are beating Man City.......this is the dream that we can achieve if we stick with Chris Hargreaves.....

Isn't it?
Of course it is BG......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

I suppose we must be thankful that only 832 people paid to watch this afternoon's match.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Sorry 862!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just got in.

WASTE OF MONEY
WASTE OF TIME
WAS BORED AFTER 10 MINUTES AND I AINT JOKING
AND IT WAS BLOODY COLD

How have you lot watched that for the last 3 months, bloody hell you lot need medals!

Ive witnessed some poor football in the last 35 years, but honestly, I hope Im not exaggerating, but that was awful.

If any of you think that's a bunch of footballers who are actually good but being managed poorly your off your heads!!!!! I have never seen a bunch with so little pace, bad first touch, terrible distribution. They are NOT professional footballers, sorry they are just not. If they were part timers I could accept it, but they are not, they do this every f ing day of their lives! Surely you can at least trap the bloody round thing!!!
TUST MEMBER
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Neal wrote:Just got in.

WASTE OF MONEY
WASTE OF TIME
WAS BORED AFTER 10 MINUTES AND I AINT JOKING
AND IT WAS BLOODY COLD

How have you lot watched that for the last 3 months, bloody hell you lot need medals!

Ive witnessed some poor football in the last 35 years, but honestly, I hope Im not exaggerating, but that was awful.

If any of you think that's a bunch of footballers who are actually good but being managed poorly your off your heads!!!!! I have never seen a bunch with so little pace, bad first touch, terrible distribution. They are NOT professional footballers, sorry they are just not. If they were part timers I could accept it, but they are not, they do this every f ing day of their lives! Surely you can at least trap the bloody round thing!!!
Hi Neal, glad to hear you're back on your feet after the leg break. Sorry mate, I disagree; bad first touch = coaching, poor distribution = coaching, and to add from other reports = no idea what to do you with out the ball = coaching, no goals scored in the last four games= coaching, constant chopping and changing formations = coaching, and list goes on and on.
Formerly known as forevertufc
yellowman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowman »

Mr Hargreaves I've nothing against trying different systems when things aren't going well,but let's not pretend to play 3-5-2 when it was blatantly obvious it was 5-3-2.there is nothing wrong with that if that's what you wanted and not concede,it's a start but hardly going to get us 3 points.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

arcadia wrote:Lets not forget we've got a point! :keepie:
Yes and it feels like a win!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Just do not understand that formation - three centre halves with those attacking full backs Ives and Dawson. We were playing Nuneaton for christ sake.
How on earth Hargreaves started with Campbell again is beyond me - there is more chance of Yeoman or Ofori getting a goal.
I note that Benyon got a hat trick today - he is a better player than either Campbell or Bowman, yet he is playing for Hates and Yeading. Perhaps we ought to recall himh - he couldn't do any worse than what we have up front at the moment.