Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
LukeGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by LukeGull »

Andy, I love how that's just a little joke, which almost led to another rant :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:lol: :clap:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

To those of you who have queued through the night in order to grab Boxing Day shopping bargains, TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT YOUR LIFE.

If there was ever a definition of pathetic and greedy human specimens then these are them. If it were food and water like in impoverished African countries then i would fully understand, to get 75% off a cardigan i can't understand.

Normal people would just go next week and pay the full price if they really wanted it, even i'd do that with my limited income just because i would feel completely embarrassed and ashamed for thinking only of myself when other people are suffering and have nothing, not only in other parts of the world but also on our very own doorstep.

Sad losers.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Just heard a snippet of Prince Charles on the news (wasn't really listening) but I'm sure he said he has two sons currently serving in the armed forces. Yea course you have Charlie.
Firstly, Harry the Bastard isn't yours (hence the name) and secondly and more importantly WHEN WAS SWANNING AROUND CANADA, APPEARING AT NUMEROUS EVENTS AND PARTIES, WATCHING NUMEROUS SPORTING EVENTS AT TWICKENHAM, LORDS, WEMBLEY ETC AND RUSHING TO YOUR WIFES BEDSIDE EVERY TWO FOOKIN MINUTES BECAUSE SHES EXPECTING THE LATEST ROYAL PARASITE AND IS HOSPITALISED WITH MORNING SICKNESS FFS GOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH SERVING IN THE ARMED FORCES? :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :
my two mates currently serving in Afghanistan probably dont agree with you Charlie, and I certainly dont. :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Got a post under the 'Anything Else' banner.

Just looked out of curiosity at the F.A. Cup winner odds. They say the bookies don't often get it wrong, but The Barcodes are the 8th favourites. I don't get it, they are currently 18th and in free fall, have sold their only player, have no cup pedigree since my Grandad was a nipper yet year after year they are always made one of the favourites.
Someone who gambles explain it to me please. :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Actually, 'Great Myths In Football & Any Other Sport' might not be a bad idea for a new thread, starting with Newcastle are a great F.A. Cup side, are a big club and the No9 shirt is famous! :-/
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Actually, 'Great Myths In Football & Any Other Sport' might not be a bad idea for a new thread, starting with Newcastle are a great F.A. Cup side, are a big club and the No9 shirt is famous! :-/
And just to shore up the myth they're live on ITV playing another club with a massive cup history, Brighton, and the commentator is gushing about how great their supporters are. :Z
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

And the F.A. Cup Giant tag is shot to pieces again-for the 58th year on the trot! :rofl:
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

True story from last evening...

An Irish Barman at McGuinness' Irish Pub in Appleton serving a local customer who asked for a Bud Lite, asked whether he would like it in a red or a blue Tommy Tippee cup :rofl:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

That's funny WG. It's like over here when pubs still serve halves of lager. Who the hell would ask for one?!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Nabokov.
How can anyone, let alone a foreigner, have working knowledge of these words?
http://www.morttheostrich.com/speak_memory.htm
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Thought i'd go for a morning swim at my local pool and was heartily cheered up by the chit chat of the elderly folk who regularly get up at the crack of dawn to have a dip. I couldn't help overhearing a conversation between two elderly women in the changing rooms whilst i was getting changed and they were discussing corneal ulcers.

I made my way to the pool and did a few lengths and stopped for a quick breather next to a couple of old boys chatting about some acquaintance that had just died.

I considered at this point going home and waiting til i hit 50 and then getting the shotgun out! :lol:

( i don't own a shotgun by the way, they are often used in the most inappropriate of ways by people who are a bit vacant upstairs like slaughtering wildlife for fun or doing a bank job. I think the most appropriate uses for a shotgun are for burglars and also it may be considered acceptable to use one on John Terry on occasions.)

NOTE: I did say ON OCCASIONS therefore, although i am condoning wilful and deliberate injury from discharging a firearm at John Terry, i am not in any way condoning anything more permanent in terms of his longevity. Just thought i'd clear that up.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

People who leave bottles of stuff lying around but who have not put the top back on properly.

I'll clear up all the sh*t then shall I?!!!! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Not sure if I've already posted this one, but its come to light again at work today.

People who deliberately park their car across two fookin spaces so no one can park next to them and mark or scratch what is obviously THE ONLY LOVE IN THEIR SAD LITTLE INSIGNIFICANT LIVES!!!!!!!
ITS A LUMP OF METAL AND OTHER MATERIALS DESIGNED TO GET YOU FROM A to B YOU SAD TWO HATS!!!! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

That is all
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Continuing from Emet...

People who refuse to pull in at passing places on single-track roads because some leaves might brush the side of their shiney city-slicker car are infuriating. It just means I have to throw my car two foot in the hedge so you don't get a little bit of mud on your Audi! MUGS.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...