Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Mushroom
Why has Versey left?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Georg

Post by Georg »

There wont be any arrivals as the budget is already used up. The Only way it will happen is if the club get a player loaned in for free or someone leaves and that frees up money. a simple way to put is that Kev nicholson has his hands tied - and thats what I think put off other managers who initially applied, and spoke to others on the circle, it put them off wanting to be Torquy united manager.

No idea why the 8,000 in the players fund hasnt been used.

The current board can hope for some luck in the FA cup - a derby game with plymouth or exter being televised and it would ease some of the financial pressure. Not foregetting a chance of winning to get prize money and a split of gate receipts. Not much to ask , but something like that would go a long way.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Well let's hope we battle our way through to the Third Round and pull Man Utd away and all our problems are solved, right George, Mushroom et al? Of would that seriously pee on your party? :~D
Georg

Post by Georg »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Our highest paid players are likely to still be on approximately 650 quid FYI and that's a maximum of 1-3 players. The vast majority likely to be on 200-250 quid.
Sadly your wrong. I must admit one of the players I refered to initally only earns £950 per week as it stops him falling into the top tax bracket - who can blame him for doing it, but you get the idea!!! Two others I know of are four figures. Most are on about the 400-500 mark apart from the much younger ones who are on peanuts and a couple at about 700-750.

Only thing what helps the club is that Conference contracts expire after the last game of the season and not at end of June like what Fooball league clubs have to abide by.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

CP Gull wrote:Well let's hope we battle our way through to the Third Round and pull Man Utd away and all our problems are solved, right George, Mushroom et al? Of would that seriously pee on your party? :~D
I feel you need to isolate emotion from facts

Added in 1 minute 50 seconds:
George wrote: Sadly your wrong. I must admit one of the players I refered to initally only earns £950 per week as it stops him falling into the top tax bracket - who can blame him for doing it, but you get the idea!!! Two others I know of are four figures. Most are on about the 400-500 mark apart from the much younger ones who are on peanuts and a couple at about 700-750.

Only thing what helps the club is that Conference contracts expire after the last game of the season and not at end of June like what Fooball league clubs have to abide by.

Yes a cost of circa 70k which was not factored into this July with players leaving

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
George wrote: Sadly your wrong. I must admit one of the players I refered to initally only earns £950 per week as it stops him falling into the top tax bracket - who can blame him for doing it, but you get the idea!!! Two others I know of are four figures. Most are on about the 400-500 mark apart from the much younger ones who are on peanuts and a couple at about 700-750.

Yes a cost of circa 70k which was not factored into this July with players leaving
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

mushroom wrote: I feel you need to isolate emotion from facts

Added in 1 minute 50 seconds:

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:

Players like Yeoman don't come cheep! :)
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

kevgull wrote:Mushroom
Why has Versey left?
Sadly leaves Wednesday
I guess he has felt like a mushroom the last few months
I doubt he will be replaced
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

George wrote: Sadly your wrong. I must admit one of the players I refered to initally only earns £950 per week as it stops him falling into the top tax bracket - who can blame him for doing it, but you get the idea
Is anyone really stupid enough to believe that a player would reject more money because it takes them to a new tax bracket? I know footballers aren't the brightest but even they know that you don't get taxed at a higher rate on the bit below the new tax bracket.
Because this is clearly bollocks, I can only conclude that everything else to profess to know is also complete bollocks.

I think I might have a chat with my boss tomorrow and ask for a massive pay cut as clearly I need to steer well clear of a higher tax bracket :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

eddyh wrote: Is anyone really stupid enough to believe that a player would reject more money because it takes them to a new tax bracket? I know footballers aren't the brightest but even they know that you don't get taxed at a higher rate on the bit below the new tax bracket. Because this is clearly bollocks, I can only conclude that everything else to profess to know is also complete boloocks.

I think I might have a chat with my boss tomorrow and ask for a massive pay cut as clearly I need to steer well clear of a higher tax bracket :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

My extensive experience is, most are greedy selfish cocooned little brats
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

mushroom wrote: Sadly leaves Wednesday
I guess he has felt like a mushroom the last few months
I doubt he will be replaced
Thanks Kenny (aka Mushroom):)
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

eddyh wrote: Is anyone really stupid enough to believe that a player would reject more money because it takes them to a new tax bracket? I know footballers aren't the brightest but even they know that you don't get taxed at a higher rate on the bit below the new tax bracket.
Because this is clearly bollocks, I can only conclude that everything else to profess to know is also complete bollocks.

Not to mention the fact that £950 per week would still leave you in the same bracket as £1000 anyway!
Georg

Post by Georg »

eddyh wrote: Is anyone really stupid enough to believe that a player would reject more money because it takes them to a new tax bracket? I know footballers aren't the brightest but even they know that you don't get taxed at a higher rate on the bit below the new tax bracket.

You'd be surprised. I dont think hes got an agent either so would have negotiated it himself.

Added in 3 minutes 17 seconds:
mushroom wrote:
My extensive experience is, most are greedy selfish cocooned little brats
Agreed.

Added in 2 minutes 52 seconds:
Jerry wrote:

Not to mention the fact that £950 per week would still leave you in the same bracket as £1000 anyway!
Well the player in question was specific with that figure and he got what he wanted. The current board have to honour it , but with the financial situation the player will get released next summer regardless I'd have thought.
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

So a player who can earn nearly 50 grand a year playing pro football in conference doesn't have an agent and thinks earning less is a good idea?? Do me a favour. If you're going to make stuff up please try to make it plausible
Georg

Post by Georg »

eddyh wrote:So a player who can earn nearly 50 grand a year playing pro football in conference doesn't have an agent and thinks earning less is a good idea?? Do me a favour. If you're going to make stuff up please try to make it plausible
Well its what he negotiated when he signed for Torquay and was specific on the figure. I dont know if his money increased in the second year of his contract but hes on 950 per week now and got what he wanted put it that way. And hes one of the most money orientated players Ive come across.

Most players only have agents because they cant be bothered with paperwork and want someone else to do all there work for them. I know a defender who doesnt have an agent because he negotiatied a better deal on his own when his agent left the room.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

There is only one player from last year who might be worth £50,000 a year and if our financial situation persists I would imagine that he would not be offered another deal next season.