Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

pompeyfan wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 21:59
dont listen to the Southampton guy on your forum he obviously wont have anything good to say about a Pompey player

Why? I loved Bobby Stokes ;-)

I don't have a biased opinion on Bass, I've seen him play enough to form a balanced opinion. Confidence is his biggest flaw but like you say he might improve that with a run in a side. He's not great on crosses and he is very hesitant when coming off his line, confidence will help. He reminds me a lot of Martin Rice.

My concern is that he needs an experienced keeper coach to keep his career on track. We don't have that luxury so I hope something has been arranged with the skates to help with his development.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Perhaps he'll train at Portsmouth for the best part of each week? If he does that'll give the rest of the squad better opportunities of getting that feel good feeling about scoring without a keeper in training - good for morale :clap: :~D
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thanks Pompeyfan - Not listening to that Southampton guy is great advice.

We have been trying to do that for years. Before reinventing himself as a goal keeping coach, he was our previous managers chief scout apparently. :~D
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

The WMN this morning is saying we are about to sign an experienced mid field player and there will be 2 trialists tonight.

However it also says that this midfielder will bring us up to having 16 senior players signed on -the maths of which I am finding difficult to tally.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Dazza wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 09:21 The WMN this morning is saying we are about to sign an experienced mid field player and there will be 2 trialists tonight.

However it also says that this midfielder will bring us up to having 16 senior players signed on -the maths of which I am finding difficult to tally.
With the midfielder added it would be 15 without including Olaf Koszela or 16 if you do class him as a senior pro. Remember Pittman and Gowling are still on the books.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

If we are counting 16 year olds as senior pros it says more about the 'dynamism' of the pre season than I can ever express in any posting.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Dazza wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 10:13 If we are counting 16 year olds as senior pros it says more about the 'dynamism' of the pre season than I can ever express in any posting.
Depends who you mean by the 'we'? The club? The WMN? The fans?........
TUST member 328
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

It's doesn't matter who is counting. Right now it's not adding up to much at all....
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

The squad can be described as 15-strong - full list here: http://www.torquayfanstats.com/current-squad

This does include everyone currently under contract, so Koszela and the two transfer-listed players are within that. Having only just turned 16, you'd think Koszela is a while away from making the first team on a regular basis, so there's 14 full professionals, but perhaps some doubts over how much the manager wants to keep Gowling and Pittman around. Was Gowling's internal investigation not meant to be concluded last week? That could have an impact on his future if the manager wants him out and he's given them any grounds, or to impact on a 'mutual' decision.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Gulliball wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 11:03 The squad can be described as 15-strong - full list here: http://www.torquayfanstats.com/current-squad

This does include everyone currently under contract, so Koszela and the two transfer-listed players are within that. Having only just turned 16, you'd think Koszela is a while away from making the first team on a regular basis, so there's 14 full professionals, but perhaps some doubts over how much the manager wants to keep Gowling and Pittman around. Was Gowling's internal investigation not meant to be concluded last week? That could have an impact on his future if the manager wants him out and he's given them any grounds, or to impact on a 'mutual' decision.
Yep - as for tonight the Devon Live are stating that two more will be signed before the friendly (taking it to 16) and also two trialists will be on show (taking the total pool to 18 players) if they are correct. I suspect with it being a friendly then Koszela might also be involved for a few minutes (even if he is 16 and not yet a full-time pro) although I doubt he will feature much (if at all) in this season in the first team match day squads.
Of course (as you say) this number is assuming Gowling is taking part!
TUST member 328
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Reading between the lines of the HE piece the second one ( after the midfield player ) seems to be the second goalkeeper.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

nickbrod wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 08:12 Perhaps he'll train at Portsmouth for the best part of each week?
I think Southampton Gull already alluded to this: ' ...something has been arranged with the skates to help with his development.' :whistle:
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

We have just signed a goalkeeper called Shaun macdonald personally I have never heard of him has anyone seen him or have any information on him
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well done Mr Owers.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

He played a few times for Blyth Spartans last season, a very good young prospect according to the locals up there! Now we have two keepers..... phew!