Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

George wrote: Why are you so adamant that genuine people who still want to invest in torquay united are bad?? The club is losing money hand over fist and badly needs investment to take it forward RIGHT NOW , give the new manager a chance or Otherwise relegation is inevitable!!!!

Because I'm not convinced that your mate is genuine, and is in fact simply a parasite.

You had your chance to run the club and spend Thaea's money and you helped run this club into the ground.
Relegation is not inevitable.

Watch us get a player or two in within the next few weeks - I'm sure it will happen.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Answer the question. which one of the listed names are you ?
Are you going to deny it like Mushroom denied Norman Smurthwaite, when most knew all the way along
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

George is Bill.
Yells is Simon
Mushroom is Hugh.

That's my guess.

STIP
Georg

Post by Georg »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
Only if its a free loan from a champ or prem club or someone leaves. We shall see
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

George - who are you?
If you are a former member of the board mentioned previously then you can f<-)k off. YOU are the reason we are in this mess. The previous board are the reason Torquay United are where they are. The debacle with Ling, throwing money down the drain, bad managerial appointments, relegation from the football league. ALL the fault of Baker, Philips et al.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

forevertufc wrote:Answer the question. which one of the listed names are you ?
Are you going to deny it like Mushroom denied Norman Smurthwaite, when most knew all the way along
When did l deny anything about Smurthwaite
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

mushroom wrote: Well he or any of his people were not involved in our consortium
And looking at what a complete mess he has made of Port Vale you would not want that scenario here would you

As previously stated a Fan ownership structure is really our only option and when the Club needs us and that is in weeks the real supporter will stand up and make a difference

For the benefit of Mushroom.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Ha, fair play to you there Dave - you really have got him hook , line and sinker there mate! :clap: :rules:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

They're all telling so many porkies they just can't keep up ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Georg

Post by Georg »

PhilGull wrote:George - who are you?
If you are a former member of the board mentioned previously then you can f<-)k off. YOU are the reason we are in this mess. The previous board are the reason Torquay United are where they are. The debacle with Ling, throwing money down the drain, bad managerial appointments, relegation from the football league. ALL the fault of Baker, Philips et al.
Im not a member of the previous board.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

forevertufc wrote:

For the benefit of Mushroom.
And you point is or am l to thick to see it
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Have I fallen asleep and woken up in some parallel universe, someone please bang me backwards with a pole covered in razor wire just prove I'm still on planet earth. By the way you appear to have successfully answered your own question..

Lets try to help you out here. Yesterday you responded to a post I made in jest suggesting a connection with Norman Smurthwaite and Port Vale, which I wish to take no credit for, just following up on something that had been suggested by a number of other people.

You (mushroom) responded by saying and I quote.

"Well he or any of his people were not involved in our consortium
And looking at what a complete mess he has made of Port Vale you would not want that scenario here would you"

You (mushroom) responded to a direct question from Mr Merson, I quote.

I have today spoken to Smurthwaite and he advised as follows

He was the money behind a group wishing to buy Club
As the owner of PVFC he personally could not own any shares but consulted The FL of his intentions and putting initially 1M in to fund Club
There were some conditions
All existing Management be severanced off
New Board be appointed
Micky Adams be appointed as Manager
Academy to be retained
The council agree that the Frehold be purchased at same time as Club
Although the Council would consider TUST would not revoke their application to place stadium as a community asset so time scales would be months not weeks which Phillips could not wait to be resolved
When DE bid became a reality Smurthwaite withdrew his interest although he has dialogue with Board mainly about Loan options and advice if needed
He wants to see Club back in LG2 and reinstate its Academy
He had no contact or dealings with Cox until loan was done for Nathan Smith
So to be clear there is no intention by him to be involved in Club sadly now or in the future

I said to today to George are you going to deny being either one of Simon Baker or Bill Phillips, like Mushroom denied Smurthwaite, you (mushroom) then said, I quote.

When did l deny anything about Smurthwaite

I showed you exactly where you denied Smurthwaite, and now you want to know what my point is, haven't got one to be honest. But I wasn't expected you, to lead yourself right up the garden path, you did that all on your own.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Some of you are looking too hard at things. Its very plausible if the club get relegated then it will have to go in the southern league but hopefully it will never come to that.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Two decent results on the bounce, a manager who seems to have motivated a young bunch of players, slowly moving in the right direction, and still Baker, Phillips and HCA peddle their crap.

Relegation? Not if Nico has anything to do with it.

STIP
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

George wrote:Some of you are looking too hard at things. Its very plausible if the club get relegated then it will have to go in the southern league but hopefully it will never come to that.
You have this obsession that the club is going to get relegated. Providing we keep clear of any more serious injuries, we will be okay. We'll see how we play against Grimsby on Saturday - a good test to see just where we are.