Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:clap: :bow: :rofl:

AHA!!!!

( i mean the partridge aha and not the norwegian pop band in the late 80's! :lol: ).
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

People who come on here and try and have reasoned debate.

F**k off - this is a rant thread - go and take your "reasoned arugument" elsewhere and let the grumpy b*****ds on here have their rant.

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

yeah well said scott.

f**k off somewhere else and talk about sh*t music! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I'm back on after a weekend with Mrs Beard visiting our kid in Dublin.

Have I missed owt? :}
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

F*cking school holidays!! Just thought i'd take the little un swimming as we haven't been able to go for months because we've both been ill so i went to Barnsley Metrodome. BIG MISTAKE! Got there and the place was RAMMED! The queue must have been about 50 long and wasn't even moving as i reckon they had to wait until some people using the pool came out. I had not realized that the kids were off for TWO weeks and not the one. NIGHTMARE!! I NEVER go anywhere like swimming, play centres or places for kids where it is likely to be busy when the kids are off as it's just not worth it. I'll leave it to the rest of you who wish to battle to hordes and fight for parking and rides and think nothing of it.

Anyway i went through the doors, saw the queue and thought, F*CK THAT FOR A GAME OF SOLDIERS!! and i told my distraught daughter that we couldn't go in because i wasn't prepared to waste half a day in a queue like the rest of the sad tw*ts. She was understandably upset but i tolde her we'd go to the usual place, the Doncaster Dome as it will still be busy but there won't be a queue.

So i drove back through Barnsley and towards the A1 and M18 and then hit the roadworks that Emet was on about a few posts back. The ones springing up all over the shop near the Yorkshire Outlet Retail Park which have replaced a perfectly functional roundabout which at least let traffic from ALL directions flow pretty freely. I was stuck in those for about 10 minutes, ok not so long but long enough when some clown at the planning dept at Donny Council who is getting paid a fortune for devising this sh*t to be annoyed at the delay. I see totally what you mean Emet, a complete fanny up.

Anyway, we went swimming and there was no queue and the Dome is still a complete hovel and disease ridden.

THE END
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

There is a small gyratory type roundabout just off Donny town centre. I have to go around it on my way to and from work every day. It joins two very minor streets to one of the main roads into town (Wheatley Hall Rd, it's the one near Holmes Market where the DMA is for those who know the area). It works perfectly.
This week some blokes and lots of cones appeared, and dug trenches across the carraigeway to feed a large purple tube under the road.

YES, THEY ARE PUTTING TRAFFIC LIGHTS ON IT. THIS WILL CAUSE QUEUES IN EVERY DIRECTION THAT ARE NOT THERE AT THE MOMENT! FFS :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

(On a serious note someone at the transport department needs investigating, they must be taking back handers from the traffic light manufacturers, further up the same road there is a set of lights permanently on green as THERE'S NO JUNCTION THERE!)
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

The Voice UK, can't it just f*ck off now? Enough is enough.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Back to my pet hate and running rant, I've just been to the Doncaster Stadium (formerly the Keepmoat) to watch the rugby. The first set of new traffic lights are now in operation on Wisconsin Way adjacent to the stadium. Mrs Beard beat me to it and pointed out the long tailback of standing traffic where previously there hasn't ever been any waiting at said junction.
Someone really needs to take a serious look at the road planning commitee in Doncaster and the surrounding area. Something appears a little bit fishy from where I'm looking. :slap:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Truth is stranger than fiction! On the news today:

Karipbek Kuyukov, an armless artist, was refused permission to enter the UK, even though he was not deemed to be any kind of threat. He's totally armless. He was denied a visa because he could not provide any fingerprints..

Rules is rules...

It seems that officialdom later relented, and gave him a visa, presumably because somebody twisted somebody's arm..
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Once more, my arms are burning with stinging nettle stings. What use are these rotten things? Do they benefit the world in any way?
And inconsiderate bonfire lighters who wait for a sunny morning then light their stinky fires. Holiday makers who think the road is a pavement extension. Seagulls pooping on my car. Roadworks, when I don't know the diversion way and get horribly lost (how can the position of the sun help when I don't know which way I'm facing?). Lateness. Smudged nail varnish. Running out of mixer when there's still some Capt Morgans left. Celebrity worshippers. Water rates. Dust. Grass cuttings that stick to the dogs paws. Ovens that burn your dinner.

Think that's all for now. My arms hurt. What does a dock leaf look like? :(
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

westbaygull wrote:Once more, my arms are burning with stinging nettle stings. What use are these rotten things? Do they benefit the world in any way?
And inconsiderate bonfire lighters who wait for a sunny morning then light their stinky fires. Holiday makers who think the road is a pavement extension. Seagulls pooping on my car. Roadworks, when I don't know the diversion way and get horribly lost (how can the position of the sun help when I don't know which way I'm facing?). Lateness. Smudged nail varnish. Running out of mixer when there's still some Capt Morgans left. Celebrity worshippers. Water rates. Dust. Grass cuttings that stick to the dogs paws. Ovens that burn your dinner.

Think that's all for now. My arms hurt. What does a dock leaf look like? :(

:clap: :bow: :lol:

Go go go!! :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Home secretary Thereas May has said this morning that life should mean life for the killing of any police officer as it is a particularly appalling crime. Yes love, so it's ok to let the bloke who killed 5 year old April Jones out after about 20 years then as the pre-meditated abduction and murder of an innocent child is not as important as somebody WHO IS PAID TO DO A JOB THAT HAS POSSIBLE DEATH AS AN ASSOCIATED RISK then? If you join the police force the chances are you'll get hit, abused, spat at, kicked, attacked and God forbid a rare but worst case scenario killed on duty. I reckon that prospective officers know this before they join. A five year old playing on her bike is doing just that, playing and with no comprehension of anything bad that may happen. I'd say Theresa May has once again proved just how out of touch she and other politicians are of the real world. Personally i would like to see a life sentence given to ANYONE who takes another's life away, not 25 years or whatever but they must spend the rest of their life in prison and never come out. I believe that is fair and reasonable and unlike Mrs May, i don't discriminate, a copper dying on duty is a pure tragedy of the highest order but no more so than what happened to April Jones. She needs to get a grip and then f*ck off, she must be on drugs surely? Oh and whilst i'm on the subject of out of touch politicians, did anyone see Have I Got News For You the other night when MP for Lichfield was on , a Michael Fabricant?

All i have to say is watch him for half an hour and tell me that this country is still ok! The bloke is an absolute FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK!!! HE'S AN MP FOR F*CKS SAKE!!!!!!!!!
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Home secretary Thereas May has said this morning that life should mean life for the killing of any police officer as it is a particularly appalling crime. Yes love, so it's ok to let the bloke who killed 5 year old April Jones out after about 20 years then as the pre-meditated abduction and murder of an innocent child is not as important as somebody WHO IS PAID TO DO A JOB THAT HAS POSSIBLE DEATH AS AN ASSOCIATED RISK then? If you join the police force the chances are you'll get hit, abused, spat at, kicked, attacked and God forbid a rare but worst case scenario killed on duty. I reckon that prospective officers know this before they join. A five year old playing on her bike is doing just that, playing and with no comprehension of anything bad that may happen. I'd say Theresa May has once again proved just how out of touch she and other politicians are of the real world. Personally i would like to see a life sentence given to ANYONE who takes another's life away, not 25 years or whatever but they must spend the rest of their life in prison and never come out. I believe that is fair and reasonable and unlike Mrs May, i don't discriminate, a copper dying on duty is a pure tragedy of the highest order but no more so than what happened to April Jones. She needs to get a grip and then f*ck off, she must be on drugs surely? Oh and whilst i'm on the subject of out of touch politicians, did anyone see Have I Got News For You the other night when MP for Lichfield was on , a Michael Fabricant?

All i have to say is watch him for half an hour and tell me that this country is still ok! The bloke is an absolute FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK!!! HE'S AN MP FOR F*CKS SAKE!!!!!!!!!
eye for an eye in any murder or air drop them into Iraq in a bacon suit.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Gullscorer wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction! On the news today:

Karipbek Kuyukov, an armless artist, was refused permission to enter the UK, even though he was not deemed to be any kind of threat. He's totally armless. He was denied a visa because he could not provide any fingerprints..

Rules is rules...

It seems that officialdom later relented, and gave him a visa, presumably because somebody twisted somebody's arm..
I can't wait until someone, anyone who has even the slightest notion of the existence of s4 of the Equality Act 2010 gets ahold of this story.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"