Torquay United v Yeovil Town - JPT Rnd 2 - 9/10/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

austrianandygull wrote: In terms of the roof not being closed, it was done on purpose because Poland have key players out. Simples.
If that is the case then it has screwed them over big time, as they now have to play tomorrow. Poland have five key players that are also playing int he domestic league on Friday and really don't want to play tomorrow.

Tough as far as I'm concerned - you should really look at the forecast and organise yourselves accordingly.

Its the fans that suffer (as always!!) - most of them are going back tonight after the "match", so they lose out.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Glostergull wrote:Can someone please for the life of me explain why the Polish management are to blame for us leaving the roof open. Surely it's not down to them. it has to be taken by the Stadium officials. after all they are ones who run the stadium not the Polish management.
Because the decision was taken by the Polish team management (or to be technically correct, they vetoed England's request to close it).

Is there any reason why you are picking a fight with me Gloster?
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Where's the pantomime in watching your national side play?

Regardless, 213 is a good away turn out for this comp. I don't know that we'd have taken so many to Huish tonight...[/quote]

That's not quite the pantomime I was refering to. The non match is the panto.

BTW whats going on in the real football match
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Back on subject one second....

Are we winning?!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think all in all Scott it is a catalogue of errors that shouldn't be happening in 2012. The fans, like you say are the ones that are treated with contempt and even tonight the total lack of communication in the ground meaning many were left inside hanging on for a decision was totally amateurish and unacceptable. Stii, Austria are 3 up though plus i'm NOT going Rovers so it's not all bad! :~D

Oh and the 213 Yeovil fans need their heads examining but respect none the less.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Glostergull wrote:Where's the pantomime in watching your national side play?

Regardless, 213 is a good away turn out for this comp. I don't know that we'd have taken so many to Huish tonight...
That's not quite the pantomime I was refering to. The non match is the panto.

BTW whats going on in the real football match[/quote]

They didn't know the England match would be off when they made the decision to visit Plainmoor though did they? That's why I said 'with England supposedly on the box'

;-)
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Northern Ireland 1 up in Portugal after 30 mins!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Of course I agree with the earlier point Andy. Terrible incompetence from many for this farce to play out.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Martin Harnik seals the rout in the Ernst Happel! 4-0 and it literally is Goodnight Vienna!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Because the decision was taken by the Polish team management (or to be technically correct, they vetoed England's request to close it).

Is there any reason why you are picking a fight with me Gloster?[/quote]

Not sure what your on mate but I was not picking a fight.
I just find it ludicrous that the opposition can vetoe something that ends up costing a lot of people a lot of money in wasted fares, time off work. wasted holidays etc. Surely there has to be some inquiry as to how the management of Poland saw fit to vetoe the closing of the roof. they must have been aware that it would put the match in jeopordy. Now surely they could be in danger of some sort of sanction for that. You could not be blamed for assuming they did it deliberatly to get the match called off.
I didn't realise they had the power to vetoe the roof being closed. that's just not right.
What if we had a key player out and it rains again. would we be right for vetoeing the roof being closed again to make sure our player was fit for the replay.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

2-2
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »