FA Cup Round 1 Draw

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 57150.aspx

Looks like were charging normal prices on Saturday.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I think we will get +2000 Saturday? I see no reason to change it.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Could be counter productive Hyde/Harrogate insisting we charge full price assuming they have as if many fans stay away they will not get as much money.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i think all cup games should be a tenner a pop, unless of course we ever draw a big team when we should hyperinflate to about £30 to anyone who cant provide evidence that they attend regularly either home or away
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bixieupnorth wrote:i think all cup games should be a tenner a pop, unless of course we ever draw a big team when we should hyperinflate to about £30 to anyone who cant provide evidence that they attend regularly either home or away

I'm with you there Bix although i may have to pay your £30 ticket price mate, i go to most away games but have no way of proving it! Anyway, i'd be happy to pay £30 for a ticket if we got Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs. Any other Prem club and it should be £25.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Richinns wrote:I think we will get +2000 Saturday? I see no reason to change it.
I dont think we will. Rely's on all the Season Ticket holders paying £17 to watch Hyde or Harrogate. And I dont think they will.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Exactly that, Alex. ^ I'm disappointed there isn't some sort of discounted ticket. I mean, the floating fans aren't going to turn up...
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

NickGull wrote:Exactly that, Alex. ^ I'm disappointed there isn't some sort of discounted ticket. I mean, the floating fans aren't going to turn up...
Agreed. IF its because Hyde and Harrogate dont want us lowering the prices and it isnt us making a bad move then they will lose out on a fair bit of money. Dont get me wrong I'll still be there but I doubt we'll have more than 1,500 there. I'm sure every time we've played lower league Opposition in the FA Cup in previous years weve lowered prices to get the crowd's in.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Couldn't be bothered to make the short trip up the A1 tonight to watch, i'm assuming the game is still on as it's hammering it down at the moment.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Just checked both team's websites and neither say its been Postponed so hopefully we find our opponents tonight.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

For those that care enough theres some commentary by some Hyde fans here: http://26nil.com/ a bit ropey but better than nothing. Currently 0-0 its a bit hit and miss but it sort of works..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ladbrokes have got the game on betinplay so i've just stuck that on and as soon as there is a goal ( if there is a goal ) it will show up and i'll let you all know.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

This commentary is terrible but someones either scored or should of done.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

at least they are playing which is good news for us..........unless it gets abandoned!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

https://x.com/hydefclive Hyde also have Twitter updates which is probably easier than the commentary which isnt working to well keeps cutting out all the time.