Torquay United v Barnet - 16/4/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Wouldn't dream of it.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Never know how andy types so much a day! i'm struggling with a few hundred to finish an essay!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

austrianandygull wrote:Wouldn't dream of it.
:rofl:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Never know how andy types so much a day! i'm struggling with a few hundred to finish an essay!
I've got 20 fingers and 6 hands. :Z :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Bet you're a hit with the ladies - all you need is a nine inch tongue and the ability to breathe through your ears and you could probably have any woman you want

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I can anyway

so long as she's blind.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

anyway, Bodin aside, what do you reckon to my preferred line up v Barnet. I obviously don't expect Knill to chuck in Yeoman and Easton but i think he needs to tweak it a bit more.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You suggested Stevens....................Nuff said.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Simply as we have nothing else Dave but even if Danny were to play i'm sure he would give it a go.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

austrianandygull wrote:Fair enough Scott, just don't understand how people can still be ok with him in the side given what he has produced this season. They call for Howe to be dropped yet not Billy. They slag off Jarvis but not Billy, they have go at Nico and Oastler saying that they have been awful but not Billy. I just can't work it out in my head and rationalise it that's all.
I expect there are lots of posters itching to call for Billy to be dropped , but every time they reach for the keyboard they see that you've got in before them so they don't have to bother. ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

EddUK12 wrote:if you want to catch barnet off balance, drop howe put yoeman and benyon up front. Everyones knows how to play aganst howe so by changing that will catch them off guard.

Benyon and yoeman can run and run wearing down defenders with constantly harrying them and then howe can come on with 30 mins to go to get the crowd going and do damage to the tired defence.

it wont happen though.
Need a facepalm smilie.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ok the day is here and we're gonna f*cking DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 , sh*t game, Benners from a yard out in the 86th minute, it's not pretty and it's not good for the nerves but we'll eek it by a goal to nil.

COYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

austrianandygull wrote: Don't want to be negative Rich but if he scores i'll send you a tenner and if he plays anything remotely resembling a potent, up and coming, talented creative attacker for more than a few minutes in the game then i'll send you a fiver. If he gets a hat trick i'll write a 1000 word eulogy on here as to why i love Billy Bodin and how i've been so wrong about him and how much of a knob i've been AND send you a tenner.
If Bodin plays we effectively have 10 men and one less that can score on the field of play, that's not another dig, it's what i've been saying all season and with the biggest game of the season looming i am expected to believe he is suddenly going to save us. If TUFC have to rely on Billy Bodin for this game then we can officially give up now. He won't score or affect the game, he will dip in and out, run about like a headless chicken, miss a couple of easy chances that we all so to God wished had fallen to someone else and he'll get taken off after 70 having had no impact. I'll have a tenner with anyone now that is what is will happen, and in the meanwhile why he is trying to 'discover' his form at this crucial stage, the other 9 outfield men in yellow are thundring into tackles and donating blood plasma for the cause. Well 8 then, i forgot about Rene.

I'm sorry but if we are to stay up then Bodin needs to be as far away from a pair of football boots as possible. This is not a personal attack at the lad it's what i see, we need something that he hasn't got or is highly likely not to show it even if he has got it so i'd rather go with someone else. Beating Barnet is all i care about, not whether i'm being unsympathetic to a young lad who has had a season on full pay to show us what he promises to deliver. Not a sausage i'm afraid, forget Bodin and go with Stevens, he isn't my favourite and when i first joined this forum you could argue i had a similar problem with him like i do with Bodin now. I've seen Danny improve year on year and although he is still a lower than average league 2 player i'd still have him in the side ahead of Bodin every time. He can score goals.

Just also heard that Pokey is fit which is great news although i'm not jumping for joy. All they need to is leave a few elbows in on corners, unsettle him a bit and get him nervous, that said i'd take a nearly fit Poke against a nearly fit Rice.

Cue Barnet protests now about us postponing the game just so our keeper would be available! :lol:
I hope to PM you my address at around 9:50pm tonight then!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Me too! :lol:

God can you just IMAGINE if he scored a hat-trick?!! :O :Oops: :lol:
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Hope we don't get a ref who hands out free kicks whenever a yellow shirt gets within 4 feet of Edgar Davids, which is what happened last time we played them.............
TUST member 203