Joss Labadie

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

ferrarilover wrote:Being charged means the FA see a case to be answered. Without knowing what's gone on, we can't possibly know whether he'll be found guilty or not. However, if he's denied it and the FA are seeking to rely upon that ropey footage we've all seen, he might well walk. Something about this doesn't seem quite right.

Matt.
But the FA take an accusatory role. They will have reviewed the evidence before bringing a charge; any hearing will be an exercise in rubber-stamping. How many cases ever appear in the media where the accused walks? I can't remember a single one.

If/when found guilty, Labadie's wages should be withheld for the duration of his ban. If he doesn't like it, or if the ban runs to near the end of the season, sack him for GM. He wouldn't stay on anyway if/when we drop.

All such a pity as he looked a real player when on loan last year, but this sort of behaviour is just another cause (and symptom) of the current malaise.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Stats aren't easy to come by (for the amount of effort I'm willing to put in), but this suggests that you might well be right: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16430580

Those mentioned in the article aren't the only ones with concerns. I share the view that any system averaging a failure to prosecute successfully every 200 cases is doing something fundamentally wrong.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by jonnyfive »

I think the expression is 'judge, jury and executioner'.

The hearing is effectively a sentencing, with the player offering a mitigation plea. Hard to see how Joss could explain his actions in this instance. He was an idiot, I am afraid to say.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Was he captain for this game?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

He was.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:Stats aren't easy to come by (for the amount of effort I'm willing to put in), but this suggests that you might well be right: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16430580
Those mentioned in the article aren't the only ones with concerns. I share the view that any system averaging a failure to prosecute successfully every 200 cases is doing something fundamentally wrong.
Matt.
The principles of Actus Rea and Mens Rea appear to be dying out, not only at the FA but in the modern judicial system generally. :(
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by jonnyfive »

Not that the FA is in any way bound by the principles of criminal law, but I think strict liability would apply to biting a lump out of someone in front of 5,000 witnesses!
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by jonnyfive »

Nice thought GS; would love to hear your defence ;0)

MR: He chose to bite him.
AR: He bit him.

Utd have a better chance of staying up than Labadie has of escaping justice!
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Bummer
He added bite to the middle of the park...
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

If it was Tonge perhaps the damage wouldn't have been so bad and the situation wouldn't have been so serious.!

According to WMN today, the club received no contact about any incident until Monday when the FA charge came in. The club are contesting the incident.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Was he captain for this game?
No Mansell was captain. Labadie led the team at Pompey.

The video is surely not enough to find him guilty. While you can see him burying his head in Banks's chest, you can't see him actually biting him. Strange that it's taken this long for the FA to make a decision. Glad we're contesting the charge - he should be available for Fleetwood and maybe Rochdale. By then we will probably be all but relegated so it won't matter and if he's found guilty we can tear up his contract and save some money as there's no way he would stay with us in the Conference.