Disgrace

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

As ive said before, look at luton, 5 years of crap footie but the fans have stood by them, and now they reap there reward, whatever is done its time to stand by our club, not desert them, and this is just my opinion before anyone starts shouting. Hargreaves was chucked in at the deepend, knill is at fault here. Let him build for next season then judge him.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ROADRUNNER wrote:As ive said before, look at luton, 5 years of crap footie but the fans have stood by them, and now they reap there reward, whatever is done its time to stand by our club, not desert them, and this is just my opinion before anyone starts shouting. Hargreaves was chucked in at the deepend, knill is at fault here. Let him build for next season then judge him.
To be fair, Luton's football certainly wasn't crap by Conference standards, even before Paul Buckle's few weeks in charge! But it goes to show that relegation to the Conference need not be the end of the world. It just needs, as you say, fans to stand by their club, as might be illustrated by Portsmouth in the not too distant future. If only we had supporters like that..!!
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

ROADRUNNER wrote:As ive said before, look at luton, 5 years of crap footie but the fans have stood by them, and now they reap there reward, whatever is done its time to stand by our club, not desert them, and this is just my opinion before anyone starts shouting. Hargreaves was chucked in at the deepend, knill is at fault here. Let him build for next season then judge him.

Sorry to say but i'm leaving a sinking ship :O
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The club is appealing against the sending off: http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 42023.aspx
Unlikely to get anywhere, knowing the FA, but worth a try.. (See also separate thread on this).
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Yellow74 wrote:I have so much admiration for those who will continue to buy a season ticket even if we were in the southern league with the likes of Dorchester, Im sure that I will still attend as I have supported the club for 30+ years. I have just hit a point where I feel that the club has become complacent and made some catastrophic decisions. I love watching football but I can go and watch Devon League games that quite honestly are better than the absolute rubbish that I have witnessed this season.

I just don't feel that the club and players have shown me enough for me to give the loyalty of buying a season ticket, also the opinions of my children say it all, they are at an age where they don't fully understand rugby or football as a spectator, but if I ask where they would like to go it would be rugby every time because they love the atmosphere nothing to do with the game. I think back to my early days as a child when my dad took me to games and I would meet up with friends from school and kick a ball around in the area next to the old mini stand whilst taking in some of the game, having chips and a Bovril and getting excited about maybe being in the programme as face in the crowd. Its just not the same and that's totally down to how the club is run and promoted, The club would be better spending a decent salary on a good commercial manager who can build a new fan base for the future and work on improving the all round match day experience without this I can guarantee their will be no TUFC as we know and love.

I hope to god I am wrong but I see no positives at the moment for next season and fully expect us to be mid table to bottom half of the conference and quite possibly facing administration by this time next year. We need to find a leader to take this mess by the scruff of the neck and sort it out! Any volunteers????
We used to go the same thing at the side of the mini stand, behind the old open bit of Ellacombe End terrace. Someone always had a ball and often we missed much if the game because we playing footy ourselves, sometimes getting in trouble when we accidentally kicked the ball on the pitch.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I agree that some decisions have gone against us recently but no way will i accept that there is any conspiracy against us. I dont think anyone has really stated that, but if they have thats ridiculous. We are where we are because we have a poor team, poor players (at this levely by the way), and have made bad decisions, managerially and at board level. All that together and a lack of money has put us where we are. I cant take excuses, when i f*ck up I own up!!!! Simples!

The thing I cannot stand is people taking the piss, and this happens alot in any business, people who get a contract and then rest on thier laurels and let everyone else do their work. And I dont see the required commitment at TUFC unfortunately.

When it comes to football if we lose every game BUT I personally can see at least commitment im ok with it and can accept it, like i have accepted that we are a poor team, and have been all season. Currently i cannot accepet some of the contracts that some players have been given, maybe you lot can, but I cant. Funny thing is, its not the players fault actually, as why wouldnt they take on a contract for 2 years even if they knew they were not good enough. But im not paying hard earned money next season unless there is a clear out of these players. If the clear out happens I will embrace and look forward to next season and attend as may games as i can.
TUST MEMBER
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Not sure I agree with that comment. CH wasn't chucked in, he applied for and chose to take the position knowing who was on the roster and what situation we were in. I would say he willingly dived in.

The only part that may be considered as "at the deep end" would be if he was misled about the availability of budget.

What budget he has used, or managed to engineer, does not seem to have resulted in game changer appointments. Whilst I agree that he should be fully judged on his own squad, when he has been able to build it, his current introductions do not fill me with unfettered hope and optimism for future signings.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm going to send you into a supermarket with 8p to spend and you have to come home and cook a meal with what you've bought. I'm going to judge your abilities as a chef based on that meal alone. Reckon you'll be getting any Michelin stars any time soon?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm going to send you into a supermarket with 8p to spend and you have to come home and cook a meal with what you've bought. I'm going to judge your abilities as a chef based on that meal alone. Reckon you'll be getting any Michelin stars any time soon?

Matt.
Our budget might not be great but we're not the only people in the supermarket with a few pence. Some have managed to shop a little more wisely and others have produced something much more tasty from what they already had in the cupboard.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

And well done to them. There are those who have done quite the opposite. Essentially, people are blaming Chris for not being James Beattie, which is hardly his fault.

As an example: we went after Marquis as soon as Chris arrived. We'd have got him too... if Northampton hasn't gazumped us at the post by offering to pay his £1750 weekly wage IN FULL. Don't think that's a one off either. They're undoubtedly paying Connell's salary (which will be over two grand a week) as well as a fat wedge for all their other loanees. Our strike force in the match against them cost us £300/week. Theirs cost somewhere in the order of £6500.
Don't underestimate the buying power of an awful lot of the teams in this division. Even Accrington, I suspect, have more to spend than us.

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Is the over 30 thing a coincidence (as in, all the players you think are shit are over 30) or are you basing their shitness on nothing but age? Would you be unhappy to see us sign Ryan Giggs, for example?

Matt.