Player ineligible to play last night - CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I heard the Benyon fee was meant to be £1m, but the cleaner, who was filling in in the office, quoted £100k...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
shaunicus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by shaunicus »

Bit of perspective required here fellas.

Sure, it's not great from the club, and we should be disappointed. but cast your eyes down the road to Plymouth, who are a week away from the possibility of extinction.

Suddenly the possibility of a points deduction pales into insignificance, doesn't it?

The club have made a mistake. Companies and employees make mistakes every day. I'm sure everyone on this thread has made some kind of mistake in the workplace. Let's take this on the chin and make sure it doesnt happen again.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Club statement confirming what we know

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 00,00.html
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

CLUB STATEMENT
Posted on: Wed 02 Feb 2011

TORQUAY United have informed the Football League of an incident relating to Tuesday night's match with Hereford United at Plainmoor.

The club was alerted to the fact an unregistered player had taken the field after kick-off and we have voluntarily offered our explanation to the Football League.

We are now waiting for a response from the Football League and, as such, we will be unable to make any further comment at this time.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Notice it says "Player" so I assume Stanley was passed to play last night then?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

shaunicus wrote:Bit of perspective required here fellas.

Sure, it's not great from the club, and we should be disappointed. but cast your eyes down the road to Plymouth, who are a week away from the possibility of extinction.

Suddenly the possibility of a points deduction pales into insignificance, doesn't it?

The club have made a mistake. Companies and employees make mistakes every day. I'm sure everyone on this thread has made some kind of mistake in the workplace. Let's take this on the chin and make sure it doesnt happen again.
The difference being, Argyle are controlled by fly-by-nights who jumped on the football band-wagon, looking to make a quick buck.

Our club is run by people with the club at their hearts, so we should perhaps be entitled to expect more in terms of professionalism.

I don't think the frustration people are feeling relates exclusively to one Admin error. It's the fact that Admin error suddenly appears typical of the way things are being run behind the scenes.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
shaunicus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by shaunicus »

Fonda wrote:The difference being, Argyle are controlled by fly-by-nights who jumped on the football band-wagon, looking to make a quick buck.
What, so we should have no sympathy with Argyle's fans and employees because the people who run the club don't have good intentions? Get real.
Fonda wrote:Our club is run by people with the club at their hearts, so we should perhaps be entitled to expect more in terms of professionalism.
Absolutely. Hopefully it won't happen again.
Fonda wrote:I don't think the frustration people are feeling relates exclusively to one Admin error. It's the fact that Admin error suddenly appears typical of the way things are being run behind the scenes.
Well lets get some fly-by-nights in who are jumping on the football band-wagon in, shall we? Worked well the last time.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

shaunicus wrote:
What, so we should have no sympathy with Argyle's fans and employees because the people who run the club don't have good intentions? Get real.

Well lets get some fly-by-nights in who are jumping on the football band-wagon in, shall we? Worked well the last time.
I'm pretty sure i didn't say either of those things.

Do you have anger issues?
popsider
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee

Post by popsider »

I have massive amounts of sympathy for the Argyle fans, As a Torquay United fan I think it's a good chuckle, but as a Football Fan, I think its horrific that someone can come in, make a bit of money then just leave the football club and its fans in the lurch.

Back on topic though, do we know who it was? Says on the article that it was just a player, not plural. I think it could be Jake Robinson as we didn't have anyone else on the bench. But nevermind. Cest La Vie
Torquay United. Today, Tomorrow, forever.
shaunicus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by shaunicus »

Fonda wrote: I'm pretty sure i didn't say either of those things.

Do you have anger issues?
The implication was there, certainly in regards to my first point.

The second point was a bit petty, borne out of frustration at the constant negativity on the forum. Honestly, I find it ridiculous when there's clubs going out of business and/or in far worse positions than us.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

shaunicus wrote: The implication was there, certainly in regards to my first point.

The second point was a bit petty, borne out of frustration at the constant negativity on the forum. Honestly, I find it ridiculous when there's clubs going out of business and/or in far worse positions than us.
The implication was certainly not there. I have every sympathy for the supporters of any club who's future is put at risk, and i don't much appreciate your implication otherwise.

My point was that when club's get taken over by individuals obviously looking to make a quick buck, problems are likely to arise. And the owners of our club do not fit that description.
Last edited by Fonda on 02 Feb 2011, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
loyalgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by loyalgull »

I am pleased the club have voluntarily gone to the FA - rather than being 'found out'. That should hopefully mean they look more favourably on us when deciding on the punishment, or am I clutching at straws here!?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

loyalgull wrote:I am pleased the club have voluntarily gone to the FA - rather than being 'found out'. That should hopefully mean they look more favourably on us when deciding on the punishment, or am I clutching at straws here!?
straws being clutched I think

They had no choice but to go to the FA and they probably already knew.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

If we get anything more serious than a small fine (couple of grand) half suspended for 2 years, the club will appeal the decision.
The precedent was set (as mentioned previously) last season by Shitley. Don't panic just yet.

I know it's old news now, but does anyone have a twitter username for the club sec?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We are a joke and a sick one at that.