Nuneaton Town v Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Benyons goals
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Benyons goals
Don't look for a hat-trick as it ended 2-0. The most impressive aspect of both goals is the lack of a linesman's flag. ;-)

Not the answer to our woes, is Elliot.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Neal wrote: If any of you think that's a bunch of footballers who are actually good but being managed poorly your off your heads!!!!! I have never seen a bunch with so little pace, bad first touch, terrible distribution. They are NOT professional footballers, sorry they are just not. If they were part timers I could accept it, but they are not, they do this every f ing day of their lives! Surely you can at least trap the bloody round thing!!!
I think some of us diehard fans may have become almost immune to how poor we've been these past two seasons. A mate who used to be a regular supporter but gave up four or five years ago, went to the FC Utd Cup Game. He siad he couldn't believe how poor we were - the worst United team he'd ever seen. Well, that may be a bit of an exaggeration but I can certainly see where he and Neal are coming from.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Bowman is useless. He has no all round game whatsoever. He will convert the odd chance but other than that he does nothing the rest of the time. He probably contributes less than O'Archie or Yeoman in general. Briscoe can't run. Benyon (who has a better pedigree than any of other strikers) is out on loan and Campbell is actually more useless than anybody I have ever seen.
The sad fact is that even Hawley when he came back looked a more complete striker than Bowman.
No wonder we cannot score any goals - we havn't got anyone to score them (unless downes gest his head to something).
Really are striking department is piss useless. On what I have seen this season O'Archie is probably the striker who troubles defenders the most even though he is very raw. Other than that the rest are a bunch of powderpuff pansies who give defenders an easy time.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

brucie wrote:Just do not understand that formation - three centre halves with those attacking full backs Ives and Dawson. We were playing Nuneaton for christ sake.
How on earth Hargreaves started with Campbell again is beyond me - there is more chance of Yeoman or Ofori getting a goal.
I note that Benyon got a hat trick today - he is a better player than either Campbell or Bowman, yet he is playing for Hates and Yeading. Perhaps we ought to recall himh - he couldn't do any worse than what we have up front at the moment.
No he isn't.

Yes he could, and he would.

He has hardly set the Conference South alight, even though he is playing at a lower level, and you think he would do it a division higher?
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I'm expecting a reaction ! Three games worth !
......... We're gonna get mullered.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Brucie. Agree with some of that regarding our strikers, but Hawley NO NO NO! I think your right though O'Archie does trouble defenders more, but he cant head or shoot. But his all round game is more troublesome for opposing teams.
TUST MEMBER
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You may have a hatred of Benyon but seriously do you think that Campbell is a better player. Tell me on what grounds you base that on then because to me he is a complete and utter camel. He is 26 and basically hasn't played for anybody of note bar scoring a few for Jarrow Roofing which is about the same standard as Bideford.
He is appalling - yet for some bizarre reason was played again yesterday and ahem yes failed to score again. He is useless.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

brucie wrote:You may have a hatred of Benyon but seriously do you think that Campbell is a better player. Tell me on what grounds you base that on then because to me he is a complete and utter camel. He is 26 and basically hasn't played for anybody of note bar scoring a few for Jarrow Roofing which is about the same standard as Bideford.
He is appalling - yet for some bizarre reason was played again yesterday and ahem yes failed to score again. He is useless.

I never was his biggest fan but he was a very good, if not our best, "Fox in the box" player.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Just for information: Jarrow Roofing is the equivalent of Willand Rovers; Bideford FC is in a higher league.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

That probably explains why is useless