Ticket Fiasco

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Richinns wrote:I finally got through and asked for a £36 ticket and to be behind the singing section. Specifically asked NOT to be in the corner

So where did I end up? - In the fecking corner of-course - as far away as they could of bloody well got me from where I wanted!!

Feck it - I m there and as long is that is the case then Que Sera Sera

p.s. - see you there regiment0609 as I am sure they took as much notice of your request as they did mine!
ha, sounds about right. see you there mate !! :nod:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Seventyseven
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Seventyseven »

So, by the sounds of it, all I have to do tomorrow when booking my tickets is to ask for a corner section... then I should be guaranteed a centre section! :keepie:
Peter: So did your therapist figure out what the problem was?
Brian: Yeah. He thinks I'm in love.
Peter: Oh my God...you can talk!
UpminsterGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by UpminsterGull »

Richinns wrote:I finally got through and asked for a £36 ticket and to be behind the singing section. Specifically asked NOT to be in the corner

So where did I end up? - In the fecking corner of-course - as far away as they could of bloody well got me from where I wanted!!

Feck it - I m there and as long is that is the case then Que Sera Sera

p.s. - see you there regiment0609 as I am sure they took as much notice of your request as they did mine!
Same here.
Not happy but expect to be able to move on the day.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

UpminsterGull wrote: Same here.
Not happy but expect to be able to move on the day.
Why? - we could have our own party in the corner!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

F F S !!! :@ :@ :@

Just come back from the ticket office and the f*ck ups are still not issuing tickets to where our group wish to sit (WU 204).

Sitting at home and having a grandstand view via Sky TV is looking more likely.

Dear TUFC, tell Manc U is it now Thursday morning and we have only shifted 1800 tickets. Please can you sort your Manc arses out as our supporters are used to buying tickets where they wish.

:@ :@ :@
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Gutted I now can't go but I guess it saves me the stress of getting a ticket.
My boy has a cold, my daughter has a birthday party to go to that day (must make a start on her costume) and even though Papa booked the day off he now has to work the morning because some git has gone on the sick.
Hey ho, at least some lucky local public house will have our custom, provided they don't mind an irritating 5 year old half girl half octopus being on the loose. :)
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Its quite laughable that people are considering not going due to ticket situation. :)

If your that miserable, don't come as you'll spoil the day for the rest of us!!
TUST #324
Seventyseven
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Seventyseven »

numpte wrote:Its quite laughable that people are considering not going due to ticket situation. :)

Is it really....???? I've been on the phone for the last 2 hours (after giving up yesterday)... and nothing but a bloody constant engaged tone....

Getting really really pissed off with this now.

Torquay United PROFESSIONAL my arse!

:@
Peter: So did your therapist figure out what the problem was?
Brian: Yeah. He thinks I'm in love.
Peter: Oh my God...you can talk!
JonnyC
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by JonnyC »

Hey guys, first post here, only been browsing for a few days, but thought i'd join up before Saturday! :)

That is if I go of course... I too have been trying the phone almost constantly Sunday, yesterday and this morning. Not got through once. And since I need the tickets posted, i'll have to stop trying at some point as the tickets won't reach me in time. :aww:

Was really excited about this weekend, but not sure what else to do... :'( At least I didn't book the train yet...
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

I too have been on the phone all of this morning and a lot of yesterday. It begs the question why was a website not used like at Wembley or like Stevenage are using? If the answer is money, well at this rate they are going to lose more in ticket sales!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

My dad said he couldn't get through yesterday either. Frustrating at the time but since he now has to work in hindsight it was lucky!
But now there is hope for the rest of you as said on another thread.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Finally got through this morning after trying virtually non-stop since Sunday...even managed to get the tickets all sat together too! Slightly dissapointed though that, after I'm sure I read on here that a student concession price was available as long as ID was taken to Old Trafford, I was told on the phone this morning that there was definitely no student price. How confusing. But still, given the circumstances I'm not complaining...see you all there hopefully!

John
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

miltonkeynesgull wrote:Finally got through this morning after trying virtually non-stop since Sunday...even managed to get the tickets all sat together too! Slightly dissapointed though that, after I'm sure I read on here that a student concession price was available as long as ID was taken to Old Trafford, I was told on the phone this morning that there was definitely no student price. How confusing. But still, given the circumstances I'm not complaining...see you all there hopefully!

John
Jesus wept. I ordered tickets yesterday on the phone and specifically asked him twice if students coutned as concessionary prices. He told me yes twice. So I ordered them and they are blatently now in transit which means that I won't be allowed in with that ticket. I can't get through dispite emailing my number and I have exams all this week so don't exactly need to be chasing this up right now. Thanks alot Torquay
:( Tommy :)
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

tommygull wrote: Jesus wept. I ordered tickets yesterday on the phone and specifically asked him twice if students coutned as concessionary prices. He told me yes twice. So I ordered them and they are blatently now in transit which means that I won't be allowed in with that ticket. I can't get through dispite emailing my number and I have exams all this week so don't exactly need to be chasing this up right now. Thanks alot Torquay
Really not good enough if that's the case. It may well be that the person I spoke to was wrong and there is a student concession, but I think you're doing the right thing by trying to get back in contact with the club mate. If they have mis-sold you a student ticket, surely they're duty bound to help you out?
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i've ordered my tickets, and live in hope that i actually receive what i asked for. i'm trying to stay positive, i'm looking forward to the day, but the whole process this week is painful.

i think the worst thing is the fact that depending on who you speak to, you get different answers. someone really needs to get a grip on this, and fast !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There