Chesterfield vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Stats : attempts off target . . . 3

: attempts on target . . . 3

: goals 3

:O :O :O
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

have a great nite all of you off to watch eng at kfc could get messy by end of night :~D :) :)
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Great result AGAIN! when was the last time we went and got a result at a team in a higher division? After the last few years of home draws, was it leyton orient away under lubos? Whatever, fantastic result - the prize money will be very well received. Straightforward home draw in the next round please.

Most importantly today, Argyle got reduced to 9 men who I believe will both be suspended next weekend - unless they bring in some quality on loan they could be looking even weaker.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Jeff wrote:Great result AGAIN! when was the last time we went and got a result at a team in a higher division? After the last few years of home draws, was it leyton orient away under lubos? Whatever, fantastic result - the prize money will be very well received. Straightforward home draw in the next round please.

Most importantly today, Argyle got reduced to 9 men who I believe will both be suspended next weekend - unless they bring in some quality on loan they could be looking even weaker.
I think someone said they have used up there loan options. So the squad they got now will be what comes on saturday. What other team they play it will be tough, any derby is.

Again fantastic result, last 4 games scored 12 and conceeded 1. Intresting to see all the Brain Saah abuse has died down, which i am very happy to say as i felt alot of it was unfair.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Afternoon everyone, slightly late due to central heating repairs, radiator renewal.

Anyone know how to stop a tiny leak at the angle joint? apart from PTFE tape? (done that already 3 times :-/ )
Clean all the PTFE off, polish the joint until it gleams with wire wool and then and only then smear some Plumbers Mait on the joint and tighten it up. It sounds as though you've over tightened it at sometime (the biggest mistake people make). If that doesnt work its a new joint including olives.
Hope thats helpful matey. ;-)
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Well, I would've taken the replay... but that'll bloomin' do!
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Best to start a "Plumbers "R" Us" thread I.M.O. :clap: :lol: :na:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

tufcbrett wrote: I think someone said they have used up there loan options. So the squad they got now will be what comes on saturday. What other team they play it will be tough, any derby is.

Again fantastic result, last 4 games scored 12 and conceeded 1. Intresting to see all the Brain Saah abuse has died down, which i am very happy to say as i felt alot of it was unfair.
I think that was probably me as well. I think that as things stand they have 4 players in their squad who are on loan - Atkinson, Griffiths (who is also suspended), Gibson and Bignot. Obviously they can have a maximum of 5, so potentially they have breathing space to bring another two in for next weekend. But as well know, it can be a struggle for sides to gel so the fact that they had two dismissed today can only be a positive thing for us.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Argyle after today's game are a wounded animal, and that makes them dangerous. They'll come here and scrap, claw and bite because they are on a hiding to nothing.

As for loan signings, I thought the maximum of 5 only applied to those named in the match day squad, not those in total at the club.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Trojan 67 wrote:Argyle after today's game are a wounded animal, and that makes them dangerous. They'll come here and scrap, claw and bite because they are on a hiding to nothing.

As for loan signings, I thought the maximum of 5 only applied to those named in the match day squad, not those in total at the club.
Thats what I was suggesting, they will likely have 3 in the squad (Atkinson, Gibson, Bignot) so if they wanted too they could bring in players on loan to cover those that they lost today,

Although I do agree that there is a potential for backlash, I would also say that 9 points from 17 games and scraping a draw against a side 3 tiers lower than them on their own patch tells its own story.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

quality result!!!!! Onwards and upwards :)
The gulls are going up
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Happy daze!!!!!!!!!!! I predicted a draw as well so that shows how much I know. :keepie:
Oblivion!!!!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Where did the post go that said if we get to the 3rd Round of the Cup it would make the v Argyle match at Home Park on January 2nd a postponement ?

As far as I'm aware, FA Cup rounds aren't played on days designated as Bank Holidays. ;-)

FA Cup 3rd Round day this season is Saturday January 7th 2012 and if we're still in it, it will be our home game against Dagenham that gets postponed. :nod:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Today was a performance of immense character and belief and although low on quality the determination and workrate of most players was like last week and is why we won the game today. Chesterfield were shocking i've got to admit and the onslaught i thought would develop after they equalised never materialised but take nothing away from the lads, they went out there and gave their all AGAIN for the cause. There just appears to be a unity now with the squad and the confidence is coming flooding back, Mansell today was incredible. We looked leggy after they had got their equaliser and it would have been easy to give in and accept defeat, a defeat that looked likely once they pegged us back. Mansell drove us forward and encouraged others to join in even when a lot of the lads looked shattered. They dug in and got the rewards. I actually believe on the overall balance of play and chances created we deserved to win anyway. Chesterfield looked dangerous in the air often whipping in balls into the box at every opportunity but Bobby, Brian and Mark were resolute and commanding once again. Nico was immense again and finished the game off with a sublime free kick into the corner from about 25 yards. Morris did ok on his return. Howe p****d me off as his workrate was poor and when all around you are busting a gut it wasn't acceptable from him, he also was subbed later in the second half and looked absolutely knackered when not IMO putting in too much work. If Billy Kee was considered unfit then Howe is twice as bad and needs to work on his fitness. He was also offside numerous times when making runs from the half way line ( like the move that saw our second goal ) and this was frustrating. That said he took his goal superbly and thats just the way he likes to be played in. Ball to run onto, shrugs off the defender, rounds the keeper and wham 2-1 gulls. Supreme finishing, just the rest of his game lets him down. Stevens again today worked really hard chasing back but so often he chases back, confronts the defender but never attempts to make any sort of challenge to win the ball. He just jockeys the opponent before they easily offload it to someone else. It may be harsh as Danny put in a shift but he once again failed to show any penetrative invention or really trouble their defence. Overall this performance was different to the Crewe game as we weren't afforded lots of comfortable possession of the football nor had the time to fashion chance after chance so we ground this result out if you like through sheer dtermination and effort. It really is that simple. They have got better players generally but they struggled to get any sort of rhythm going and credit to the lads for perseverance. I thought McPhee did well when he came on, looked strong and up for it. Before our four game winning run i questioned the ability and belief of the players we had to keep us up. After the Crewe game i knew we had the ability but after today i know we have the character and belief too. Overall an amazing day with loads of the yellow army there singing all way through ( including me!) and i was home 15 minutes after the final whistle. Magic. The only negative to the day was the fact that like last season the powers that be stuck us on the end wing of the side co-op stand instead of giving us the away end behind the goal. I went into the B2NET on tuesday when i got my ticket and they told me that we were definately in the end behind the goal. On this basis i told other members on this forum about this news so apologies if you got there expecting to be behind the goal, it was what i was told and therefore told everyone else. I don't know why they changed their minds and stuck us in this stand but it was annoying. Sorry everyone!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Good report "Aussie" (that's Austrian, not Australian ;-))

Bragging rights are yours tonight and beyond for a while. Makes up for the dire performance at Bratfut ?