Chris Hargreaves services?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should any new owners dispense with Chris Hargreaves services ?

Poll ended at 03 May 2015, 06:46

Yes, Start afresh with a new man.
39%
No, Keep him and "see how it goes"
61%

Total votes: 66

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gloomy Gull wrote:........are being used by BT Sport right now.

He is a pundit on the Rovers / FGR match on TV !!!
Some might say that's the best place for him.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

stefano wrote:
I was surprised to see Stefano's response, Andy - he must be in a particularly grumpy mood today ! I have no problem whatsoever in anyone supporting more than one team. I've got old mates who have moved away because of work or to get as far away as possible from mother-in-laws (or ex-wives). They support the team where they're living because it is logistically not possible, or too expensive, to get to many Torquay matches. But they always look for Torquay's results and want to know what's happening at Plainmoor. Another mate who is a Plainmoor 'regular' moved to the area about thirty years ago from Manchester where he supported Stockport County. He still thinks of himself as a Stockport supporter and religiously checks on their results. My problem is the thousands of sofa Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea 'supporters' who won't get off their ars*s to support their local team.

Going back to Hargreaves, I hope he succeeds and gets us back into Div 2 as soon as possible so we can come up to Bootham Crescent and show you what you're missing. As stefano would say ........ ;-)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

=D You are right Tomo bouts of grumpiness does come in waves ever since my bloody bus pass arrived! ;-)
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It looks as though the club will keep with Chris Hargreaves who has said that he can't get players of the standard required to compete to win the league. I understand that he's stated that the players are on £345 a week but did not quote what money he's on. If Bill Phillips is Chairman he should tell Hargreaves to keep his mouth shut and get on with the job he is employed to do as he knew the circumstances when he took over from Knill. :keepie:
Mellow Yellow
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Whoever stays

Post by Mellow Yellow »

arcadia wrote:It looks as though the club will keep with Chris Hargreaves who has said that he can't get players of the standard required to compete to win the league. I understand that he's stated that the players are on £345 a week but did not quote what money he's on. If Bill Phillips is Chairman he should tell Hargreaves to keep his mouth shut and get on with the job he is employed to do as he knew the circumstances when he took over from Knill. :keepie:

Errrrr ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You'll have to excuse arcadia, football isn't his strongest subject ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

[quote="Southampton Gull"]You'll have to excuse arcadia, football isn't his strongest subject ;-)[/quote

It just shows that you know nothing about team spirit or how to manage a football club. I had first hand information that this was one of the problems in the dressing room you prat.
Last edited by arcadia on 25 May 2015, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

arcadia wrote: It just shows that you know nothing about team spirit or how to manage a football club. I had first hand information that this was one of the problems in the dressing room you pratt.
*prat

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Scott Brehaut wrote: *prat

;-)

I remember having this discussion/argument ad nauseum when I was at school. I seem to be in a minority of one in the "only one T" camp.

I've since decided that I knew the true path and my friends were all idiots.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.