The next General Election: who will you vote for?

General chat about anything else goes here.

The next General Election: who will you vote for?

Poll ended at 06 Oct 2016, 12:50

1. Conservative
77%
2. Green Party
No votes
3. Labour
10%
4. Liberal-Democrats
6%
5. Plaid Cymru
No votes
6. Scottish National Party
No votes
7. United Kingdom Independence Party
4%
8. Other
3%

Total votes: 119

TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

Reform for me too, Conservatives have let themselves down massively and i don’t trust Starmer as far as I could through him, Lib Dem’s won’t do anything that could see them winning the election and I do believe that Farage can deliver what this country needs
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I have no words...
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
General Falisimo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by General Falisimo »

I'm trying to think of a similar situation that mirrors the Farage--Reform situation, but all I could come up with is this:

Imagine a football team that is run by someone who doesn't give a shit about the club or the people who support it. There is nothing these poor supporters can do about it because the Big Boys are running the show, and all those poor supporters can do is hope that one day someone will come along and a bright future is assured.

Starmer as we all know is going to win this election and his Big Boy policies are: Frightening!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

General Falisimo wrote: 19 Jun 2024, 11:03 I'm trying to think of a similar situation that mirrors the Farage--Reform situation, but all I could come up with is this:

Imagine a football team that is run by someone who doesn't give a shit about the club or the people who support it. There is nothing these poor supporters can do about it because the Big Boys are running the show, and all those poor supporters can do is hope that one day someone will come along and a bright future is assured.

Starmer as we all know is going to win this election and his Big Boy policies are: Frightening!
I believe you have just summed up british politics, neither party represents Mr and Mrs average but tries to appeal to niche and minority groups. Conservatives make a hash of everything, get voted out, labour come in, spend first couple of years unpicking what conservatives did, then try and bring in their own policies but find the piggybank is empty because they have wasted all the money like they do everytime, so hit us with taxes, they get voted out and the next party spends time unpicking their failed policiies, and so on and so on.
General Falisimo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Reform move into second place according to the poles, with both Labour and the Conservatives taking somewhat of a dive. Gives you hope for a little while ,but because of the way our system is set up, that's all it is, the calm before the storm.

On the bright side, Farage is now a favourite with the Russians, and they've been known to manipulate a few elections!
General Falisimo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

I am glad to see there have been no further posts on this thread, because even a moment thinking about politics is a waste of that moment. I have got that covered because I'm doing something else which is extremely important at this moment.

Everything possible is being done to discredit Reform, but I'm sure all posters on this site have put their x next to a Reform candidate.

Sadly, with the far-right and Marine Le Pen leading the election in France, Labour getting into power now is going to be catastrophic!
Them
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Them »

It's always a shock to the system when Labour get into power, but I console myself by thinking that the majority of their votes came from disgruntled Conservative voters, which I can well understand because Rishi was crap!

A very interesting question from an audience member on one of the debate programs, where he asked if Rishi and Starmer were really the best we had to chose from. Another interesting thing this man said was that Starmer was being controlled by some very powerful people!

It will be interesting to see what happens in November when Trump returns to power, and the first Trans - Atlantic phone call between Trump and Starmer takes place! Could this spell the end of the "Special Relationship?"