IN'S, OUT'S & INJURIES!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

IN'S, OUT'S & INJURIES!!

Post by aggrey_25 »

anyone have some inside info of the guys that are sitting out of the squad, has anyone left? anyone due to leave or whispers of players coming in?

as for injuries not heard anything on Nabri and dickson??
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Nabi apparently broke down in training last week. Dickson is supposed to be a couple of weeks away from a return.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by aggrey_25 »

nabi and sokolik ones to be released soon, does dickson have a future with us?

haven't heard if regis has left yet? surely we can loan them out to someone
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

aggrey_25 wrote: 17 Oct 2018, 12:41 nabi and sokolik ones to be released soon, does dickson have a future with us?

haven't heard if regis has left yet? surely we can loan them out to someone
If he stays fit and his wages aren't too high then Sokolik is a more than adequate backup at this level. Nabi is a very promising player whi hopefully when fit will be challenging Lemonheigh-Evans for his spot. Dickson is a quality player.
We can't be getting rid of everyone! We need quality and competition and backups, I think these players you mentioned are good for all those things and are hopefully here until the end of the season.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Banton, Wright and Regis must surely be leaving soon if there are any takers.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Nabi came highly regarded. From what I saw of him during pre season he was way off fitness which didnt really improve with what game time he got between injuries. Not sure whether GJ will have the patience to wait.
I d definitely keep Dickson.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Sokolik has had a dire run of injuries/illness since he has been here. However if fit hes more than capable at this level.

With Wright only here to the new year he is odds on to be leaving before then.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

GJ said in the radio interview after the Winchester game that Sokolik, Nabi and Dickson were all expected to return to full training this week.

That's some strength in depth and serious competition amongst the squad now!
RJ_Turner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by RJ_Turner »

Portsmouth have reported that Alex Bass will be out for at least another 3 weeks
RJ_Turner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by RJ_Turner »

Chris Todds Gloucester city have signed Andre Wright
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

And Jason Banton out on loan to St Albans.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

RJ_Turner wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 16:39 Chris Todds Gloucester city have signed Andre Wright
He never really had a chance to prove himself, especially with the Bristol City loan players doing so well. Potentially a good prospect, and best of luck to him with his new club, apart from when they come to Plainmoor!
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by aggrey_25 »

do we expect any movement this week in the transfer market? with the injuries we have especially in defense its imperative we have a proper back 3/4 for billericy.

see dan holman has been released by aldershot who johnson had at cheltenham, personally i dont like seeing keating on the left hands side, kalvin has been poor the last couple of games and very lightweight, would like to see the player we have been linked with alex addai signed.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

aggrey_25 wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 14:20 do we expect any movement this week in the transfer market? with the injuries we have especially in defense its imperative we have a proper back 3/4 for billericy.

see dan holman has been released by aldershot who johnson had at cheltenham, personally i dont like seeing keating on the left hands side, kalvin has been poor the last couple of games and very lightweight, would like to see the player we have been linked with alex addai signed.
If Andrews is back, I’m reasonably sure that Kalala will be on the bench at best. Wynter, Niate and Cameron can all do centre-back in a back three and Sokolik is back in training. I hope Hall is back soon as he knits it all together in midfield.

I don’t know what the prognosis is on Essuman? I’m not that concerned if we don’t add any this week if Sokolik is deemed ready for the bench. Longer term I was thinking the right side of our defence is a weakness, but most felt Essuman did well there at Wealdstone.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I thought Essuman did ok - its when he went off we started to struggle. Hes better than Wynter that's for sure.

Basically the midfield was poor last night - probably unsurprising that Dixon came up short due to his lack of fitness. Put Asa Hall and Andrews alongside L-Evans and we would look like a different team.

With Essuman out I think we are short at the back (and short in midfield without the aforementioned pair)

With Wright gone and two or three others out on loan I do wonder whether we might add this week.