Woking v Torquay United Wednesday 25 Jan KO 19.45

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Woking v Torquay United Wednesday 25 Jan KO 19.45

Post by portugull »

United travel to Woking seeking to turn their season around after an awful 6 months.

On paper this looks like a Home banker but on 10 December Woking lost at home 2-0 to York City and York only had 10 men for the last 30 minutes.

So you never know but if we are to escape relegation this is just the sort of game we need to win.Woking have failed to win at home 5 times in 13 games but are in 3rd place with 52 points.

Ever the optimist and hoping our new signings will start with a bang I am going for a 1-1 scoreline. COYY
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

The game has now been switched to Wednesday 7.45pm to give it a better chance of going ahead.

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article ... united-h-/
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

Woking v Torquay has now been put back to Wednesday.

Just had an email from the Club to say it is because more poor weather forecast, which they obviously think will improve by Wednesday.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

North Curry House wrote: 22 Jan 2023, 16:18 Woking v Torquay has now been put back to Wednesday.

Just had an email from the Club to say it is because more poor weather forecast, which they obviously think will improve by Wednesday.
The forecast is definitely better on Wednesday but only showing as a high of 5C so whether that’s enough to thaw out the frozen pitch remains to be seen. It is showing as above freezing wednesday evening though which may help.

Very proactive decision to do this now rather than wait until tomorrow to just call it off.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Louis I guess you can change my Heading for this Post to avoid any confusion now the Match is moved to Wednesday.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

portugull wrote: 22 Jan 2023, 16:46 Louis I guess you can change my Heading for this Post to avoid any confusion now the Match is moved to Wednesday.
All done.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Thanks Dave.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Nightmare scenario - Four years after beating Woking to the NLS title they get promoted to the EFL via the play offs and we go back down.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

Cheddargull wrote: 24 Jan 2023, 12:36 Nightmare scenario - Four years after beating Woking to the NLS title they get promoted to the EFL via the play offs and we go back down.
Neither of your suggestions will happen. Woking will not be promoted and we will not get relegated. We will play them again next season.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

North Curry House wrote: 24 Jan 2023, 15:21 Neither of your suggestions will happen. Woking will not be promoted and we will not get relegated. We will play them again next season.
Wow I like the optimism! Makes a pleasant change. Is it misguided? We shall see!
I have just arrived in London here for a couple days will head to Woking tomorrow if the games goes ahead.
Will my day end with North curry house inspired optimism or will it end with another false dawn and 1 game closer to the inevitable????
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

Just announced on BBC radio Devon. Game off.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Still unbeaten since Jan 2nd in 2023! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Just fantastic... Last time I was London was going to wealdstone v Torquay then suddenly no fans were allowed.
Guess just not meant to be.