Sill'sy coming home

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stokie
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: sills

Sill'sy coming home

Post by stokie »

The Messiah's :bow: returned from where the legend first started, he's back at the mighty BASINGSTOKE :scarf: .

Feed the Sills and he will score
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

What's that got to do with Torquay? The banter board is the place for this.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:What's that got to do with Torquay? The banter board is the place for this.
Do you not know about whom the OP is speaking?

Matt.

In point of fact, you're right. I'll give it 10 more minutes on the Main Board to get some attention, then it'll be off to the doldrums.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's Torquay related as he's an ex-player. I'll be going to see him up there a few times.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I take it the original post is sarcasm.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Not a Sillsy fan, Monkey?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I understand that Sillsy is an absolute legend. I am a great Sills fan and will always remember his goal at Wembley. I just think now he is an ex player and he's joining a different club surely this has nothing to do with Torquay?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
stokie
New Signing
New Signing

Post by stokie »

Sorry guys there was no intention of a wind up, it's just such great news for us.
One of my best mate's is a Gulls fan and i allways look out for your results, i was there for the Cambridge play-off match a few seasons back and had a great time with your fans in the Green Man
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I'll pop to the Camrose to see our former hero this season, for sure. He'll bang in shedloads for you is my prediction, stokie.

FEED HIM
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Really good signing for you guys. I would have thought that Sillsy could easily still have done a good job at BS Premier level so an excellent signing for Basingstoke!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree with CP. Sillsy is deffo BSP level at and i am one of the few who still think he could do a job at L2 level. I'd be happy to have him back here anyway. Good luck sillsy! Basingstoke have pulled off a great deal.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stokie
New Signing
New Signing

Post by stokie »

Be great to see a few of you boys down the Camrose, although it might be a bit of a culture shock for some of you.
You'll be made more than welcome in the clubhouse and unlike most football at our level the players mix with the fans after the game so if Tim come's in i'm sure he'll get the drinks in.
Is it true he's the first Torquay player to score 20 goals in successive season's
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Does Sean Hankin still play for Basingstoke? Last time I saw your lot he was captain and playing at Centre half
stokie
New Signing
New Signing

Post by stokie »

Hank's is unreal, he drinks more than the fan's and the first one up for a night out.
The story of the trip back from Worchester when he won away player of the year will go down in folk law sadly his knee's are playing him up and he's out on loan at Totton but again great characher
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

stokie wrote:Be great to see a few of you boys down the Camrose, although it might be a bit of a culture shock for some of you.
You'll be made more than welcome in the clubhouse and unlike most football at our level the players mix with the fans after the game so if Tim come's in i'm sure he'll get the drinks in.
Is it true he's the first Torquay player to score 20 goals in successive season's?
No!

Sammy Collins 1951/52 22 Goals 1952/53 27 Goals
Sammy Collins 1954/55 26 Goals 1955/56 40 Goals 1956/57 30 Goals
Robin Stubbs 1963/64 24 Goals 1964/65 31 Goals

League goals only. Both players scored more in the cup competitions. :keepie: