Robertson next for transfer list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bearne1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Zebra

Robertson next for transfer list

Post by Bearne1 »

Rumour has it that he is next on Mr Buckles hit list.......expect a transfer request this week!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Bearne1 wrote:Rumour has it that he is next on Mr Buckles hit list.......expect a transfer request this week!
Rumour from where?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Anyone fancy joining me in a trip to Bristol to nail a poisened dwarf's hands to a table?

Only downside I suppose would be that he'll think he's Jesus...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Bearne1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Zebra

Post by Bearne1 »

Someone I know who has a customer who is very 'friendly' with Mr Buckle.

Watch this space (sigh)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Should this be true it would be a major loss, Robertson has been an unsung hero and never receives the plaudits he deserves.
TUST member 328
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

Surely he can't be that arrogant to try and get another!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

yes definately a huge blow if this rumour transpires to be true and we lose robbo. as it stands i am really pleased with the quality of our back line and i feel it is really, really strong. We have a good sound base from which to work and this could be jeopardised by the loss of robbo. Buckle just **** off now because you are starting to get on my tits! :red:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

I would agree Andy - currently the back 4 is definitely our strongest area. Let s hope there is no truth to this, and if there is, let s hope we can have some bollox and tell back stabber Buckle to piss off.
TUST member 328
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

DerbyGull wrote:Surely he can't be that arrogant to try and get another!!!
:lol:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

It would be a loss, granted, but not as big a loss as some have seemed to make out, in my opinion. Robbo is always treading a tight line - shirt pulling is a major concern for me, and he does it very frequently. Luckily I can't recall a referee giving any penalties thanks to the shirt pulling, but there have been several decisions against Robbo because of it. I do agree with the person who said that our back 4 is our strongest area at the moment, but should Robbo move on, we still have two very able centre halves (basing that on what people have said about Saah - can't remember seeing him play) and Ellis, who is still a fantastic defender in my eyes.

Got to say, I would be quite surprised if Robertson did go as he wasn't one of Buckles signings, and the fact that Buckle had seemingly tried to flog him a few years back, but then again, stranger things have happened (Mr Carayol, for example).

We must remember that Robbo is now 24, he can't really be classed as a youngster anymore, and this is one of his final chances to move up the leagues. I personally can only see CR becoming an able League One defender, or a top L2 defender, but he needs to cut the fouling out of his game (or atleast reduce it).

It would be a loss but not as major as others seem to think, for me.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Robbo was on his list. I reckon he is probably the only one left that Bucks might want other than O'Kane.

On the subject of O'Kane, I reckon Buckle will wait until the January window in the hope that BRFC are riding high (while TUFC are languishing near the bottom no doubt) and with a bit of money in the bank off the back of rising crowds he will come back with a cheeky offer (£50k?) and with us knowing he will be out of contract in the summer and wary of what a tribunal might decide .... I wouldn't bet against us accepting that sort of figure!

As for Robbo's value, well if Zebs is @ £35k, I reckon we will probably take £10 - £15k max!
Last edited by CP Gull on 04 Jul 2011, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Not surprising.

No doubt Torquay United being the stubborn football club they are will stand strong & make it as hard as possible for Buckle to sign him...yeah right.

Atleast on the bright side we've got Ling's amazing non-league superstars coming on board....

Roll on August....

:-D
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

CP - Eunan's out of contract at the end of the season? I thought he signed a 3 year deal before the season just gone?
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Cant see this being true if Robertson is a left back as we have two already!! Sawyer from last season and Ian Brown from QPR. I will be VERY surprised if the fee for Zebroski is as low as that.Cant believe our luck if it is and feel genuinely sorry for you.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

NickGull wrote:CP - Eunan's out of contract at the end of the season? I thought he signed a 3 year deal before the season just gone?
'fraid not. Eunan signed a new 2 year deal last summer - so out of contract in 2012.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 62,00.html