Surely it's time to dip into the loan Market?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Surely it's time to dip into the loan Market?

Post by tktufc91 »

Another Saturday without a win. Surely it's time for Lingy to have a look at the loan market. Defensively we are shambles at the back. Discuss.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

tktufc91 wrote:Another Saturday without a win. Surely it's time for Lingy to have a look at the loan market. Defensively we are shambles at the back. Discuss.
shambles is an understatement,would any half decent loan player want to come to us and gain experience,sorry NO they wouldnt,wot an embarrasment we are at the moment,sorry guys :'( :'( :'(
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Really doubting the ability of Ling now, he's signed absolute tripe and seems to have no idea how to inspire players at all.

We're really lacking a leader in defence. Saah is no better than we have already but not one of our 4 defenders actually talks enough, neither does Olejnik. He needs to be putting a rocket up their ar*e on the pitch.

Midfield is probably our best outfield area, which is summed up perfectly by the fact that we only have one League 2 standard winger. Centre mid isn't bad, we all know what Manse can do and O'Kane is a great player, although very much off the boil at the moment.

Up front, I really cannot see where the goals are coming from. Howe is turning into the classic non-scoring target man, dare I say, a bit like Matt Harrold? Atieno is showing that he really isn't good enough. He did so well when he was on trial but I think that now he has his contract, he doesn't want to try as hard. That's not to say that he doesn't try, it's just without needing to prove himself, he doesn't have enough ability to still do anything effectively.

Definitely starting to look down and not up now...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Anyone can look good on trial against Tiverton. Play league 2 sides and you really see why Stevenage didnt play him once
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Whilst you applaud Ling's original philosophy of 'we'll play our own youngsters this year instead of someone elses' Sadly ours mostly aren't good enough, especially the real young players. We desperately need an experienced centre back as well as another centre forward. Atieno shouldn't be starting every week for us. Impact sub.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes but our manager doesn't agree
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes, a right back, and centre back please, of as high a quailty as we can lay our hands on.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Olejnik - 6/10
Saah - 1/10
McPhee - 2/10
Atieno - 2/10
Howe - 6/10
Morris - from what I've seen, 5/10.
Leadbitter - too early to judge
Rice - as above, but from previous experience.. hmmph.
Bodin - 7/10

I can't remember who else signed this summer but that's what I think of the signings Ling's made.

We desperately need a leader in centre half, I agree with Steve regarding our strongest position being CM.

Attacking, we're awfully weak.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As I said in his after match interview Ling was asked about loan signings. He stated there was money available but would not be bringing anyone in. He stated that this would be ;ater in the season and the answers lie with in the squad.
As i understand it Gillingham had several injuries today including their top scorer.
I really fear for our league survival.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Ling said he would wait until there was a 'crisis' because 7 games without a win is obviously nothing to worry about!
El Goodo [CUFC]
New Signing
New Signing

Post by El Goodo [CUFC] »

hector wrote:Ling said he would wait until there was a 'crisis' because 7 games without a win is obviously nothing to worry about!
It's because he's blown all of his money up front.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Personally I'd say the opposite. We have the personal at the back, they just aren't playing well. Olejnik is a quality keeper for this level, and Nico, Robbo and Ellis were 3 of the back 4 who went 1000 minutes without conceeding. Despite the last week, I have confidence in our defenders.

We have a good central midfield partnership, but other than that we are lacking in quality. Howe on his day has been unplayable, but he's had games where he's looked out of it. Atieno started well but has gone off form - he looked a poor signing on paper given how many teams have released him recently, and other than that we only have McPhee to play up front, a player who really isn't a forward based on his spells here. Morris, Stevens, Macklin and Halpin haven't proven themselves on the wing.

I was worried about our attacking unit pre-season, and I still am now. We need a Billy Bodin or two to come in on loan and give us some threat. Add two more attacking players and we have a good first 11, but as it is, we have 9 dependable players (8 contracted to us), which isn't enough.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

We do need some loan players to really add more to the team. It adds more competition for places. Gillingham have shown us why loan players can be key. They got a West Ham young lad who i really rate and we all know Mr Kuffor is too good to be sat on any bench and hes enjoying the first team football.

We all know about our team from last year, but there is some real talent out there who would love the chance to play some games in the league and show what they can do. Ling should look into it and bring a couple in just to spice up the place. They cant do a lot worse than whats going on at the moment.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

No need to dip into the loan market, anyway, we already have Bodin. If Ellis doesn't work, then maybe we have reason too. Ling's right, the answers are within the squad, its a case of finding what works and what doesn't.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

9 goals in two games is utter shite. I appreciate Ling thinks he can sort out the rut with the players he has, but today has confirmed it for me. It's time for some fresh faces to spark some life into our team.

SORT IT OUT LINGY!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!