Nathan Craig

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Nathan Craig

Post by Mav »

Appears we have a young trialist with us from Caernarfon Town

He is an ex Everton reserve team player and played with Eunan, not sure what his position is though
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

tufc si wrote:According to the official site we've got some young chap called Nathan Craig on trial at mo. Sounds like a winger by trade. Lingy is obviously looking at offer irons to stick in the fire then with the view to Bodin not coming back!!

He beat you to it mate.

http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 1&start=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

maybe you should merge those posts into here. Not surprised I didn't spot it, tucked away in a post about Billy Bodin!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

This is the rumours board. It's not a rumour as it's on the OS. A two week loan.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 05,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Moved to the Main Board.
Dave

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Good to see Martin is active in seeking out new players. Billy or no Billy, to not have a plan b is unprofessional. Martin could never be in that bracket and so it is no surprise that he has a plan b. Nathan Craig ( although i have a superstition of never trusting anyone with Christian names for Surnames!) looks like he ticks a lot of boxes and i hope he can impress during his trial. I think we need that fresh impetus in attack and combined with Rene coming back it could just be another of Lings masterstrokes. I like Martin, he is uncomplicated and believes in keeping it simple which is working a bloody treat.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Mav wrote:maybe you should merge those posts into here. Not surprised I didn't spot it, tucked away in a post about Billy Bodin!
Wasn't sure whether to start a new topic on it or tuck it under the bodin 'umberella' lol, obviously went for the latter!!

Says he could feature in tomorrows ressie game so not sure how many will be heading to this one, but would be good to see a few reviews about how he gets on if he does get any minutes. The OF says he's just a trialist as well but then goes on to say he's on a 2 week loan so am not too sure whether this would allow him to play in competitive league games or not?? Dunno if it's just me being a bit blonde but is a trialist the same as a loanee or are they completely different?!

If lingy likes the look of him and he is allowed to be included in the league squad, perhaps he may be slotted onto the bench instead of macklin on Saturday?
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

austrianandygull wrote:Good to see Martin is active in seeking out new players. Billy or no Billy, to not have a plan b is unprofessional. Martin could never be in that bracket and so it is no surprise that he has a plan b.

No but buckles could be lol.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

Si it all depends on what paperwork is signed and agreed with parent club and the fa. Its probs either mistake by web team or the trial has to be put under official umbrella of loan so he can play for rezzies. More than likely with agreement wont play full team otherwise would mean that if we said no he is stuck at current club killing off any possible interest from other club due to fifa regs about only playing for 2 teams a season
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Everything on his Wiki site (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Craig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;-) suggests he could be a quality signing. My only worry is that after being released by Everton last summer the best offer he could get was in the third tier of Welsh football.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Any one going this afternoon feel like letting us all know how he gets on?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

PhilGull wrote:Everything on his Wiki site (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Craig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;-) suggests he could be a quality signing. My only worry is that after being released by Everton last summer the best offer he could get was in the third tier of Welsh football.
True, but don't forget the best Eunan could do (no disrespect to Coleraine) was Irish football. Now people are linking him with Championship clubs only a couple of years later. There are a lot of factors, we just have to decide if it's worth the risk.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Seems like a decent prospect to me, certainly worth a trial at least. My only worry is that if he is used in our current formation, a right wing berth might be a little tricky if he hasn't played it before. We could miss out on a good prospect solely because he isn't immediately adaptable to a new position.

I can't imagine he's on high wages either though and I know Bodin isn't either, hopefully Lingy has left enough space for an extra few hundred quid a week.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

I have been today and will do full report tomorrow. He looks decent enough. I have heard he has an attitude problem so might explain a bit.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I feel people are reading to much in to him playing for Caernarfon. He got released by Everton and head back to his home town club. At home he can try sort himself out and earn a few bob while living at home. Possibily with a job on the side. He may have just wanted to play for his home town to keep it simple. Never easy getting released by a side and just easy to give up (i know how that feels) which he went home and try to get back on his feet. No problem with that at all.

Having an attitude problem is very comon with younger players and wont be much of a problem. Once settled down with a few expereinced head and learn to grow up ect, you will find that will slowly go. Mr Rooney is the same but you wouldnt not sign him ofr it.

This lad may not even be someone to play now, if he has the talent then sign him up. Work with the first team and he will learn and improve in training. If he then earns a place in the first team then fair enough. But will prob see him like the other young lads pushing for a place but not quite there yet (if we sign him that is) i could be wrong and go straight into the side. But always nice to see the club looking at young players and possibily see them come through in a year or two. You never know untill you give the lads a chance. But being in the national under 21 side, give you an idea he has something about him and for a league 2 side could be what we need. A bit like Tom Bradshaw at Shrewsbury, got him form Aberystwyth and hes getting intrest from all over the shot.