Match Day Programme (tq1)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Match Day Programme (tq1)

Post by wodger of awabia »

I usually only buy the programme on my first visit of the season, just to get the low down & squad numbers of new players, so I bought the Cheltenham one. I enjoyed it so much that I bought the next one against Rochdale & will now buy one every match. I like the way it has been compiled & printed, it is more like a fans magazine than a boring old programme. I particularly enjoy the articles from the columnists, the news of former players, & the player interviews, Well worth the money I.M.O. :) :clap: :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree wodge. I bought my first ever Gulls home programme last season v Vale and i was impressed at the thickness of it and the content. Compared to some clubs in our league that really shouldn't be charging for their tripe it is something to be proud of. It would be good if they could have a 'fan spotlight' and get fans in and have a page on them and their views about the Gulls and stuff. There are a few extras that could be put in there but overall it's a big thumbs up.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Best programme in all of football, I don't care what the silly awards judges said last year. Credit to Tim who works his bollocks off to get it the way it is and to the club who have allowed him (and the contributors) to make it what it is.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not notice the mistakes in it, we had a fine 2.2 draw with leicester, and saturday welcomed todays opponents in the carling cup, think there were some others aswell.

Of course thats meant as a lighthearted take on Saturdays TQ1,and I very agree with the above replies.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

forevertufc wrote:Not notice the mistakes in it, we had a fine 2.2 draw with leicester, and saturday welcomed todays opponents in the carling cup, think there were some others aswell.
Correct haha!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, happy 23rd birthday to Lloyd Macklin who was, in fact, 21 just a week or so earlier. It's all part of the fun. I haven't yet had the bottle to ask Tim if he'll have me proof read them before they go out, but maybe I will when I've taken my special brave pills.

Anybody here work in a place with a waiting room of any sort?

Matt.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

I see where your going with this ferrarilover, what a great idea to put one in the waiting rooms of dentists, Drs etc where we are sat bored for ages! Might pick up some additional support.

I don't work in one but if the club had some old ones I would willingly drive round approaching the above and ask whether we could leave on there (plus a fixture poster).
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

Im going to start leaving one in my staff room as I normly bin tham after Iv read them. Good Idea this
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Tq2Yellow wrote:I see where your going with this ferrarilover, what a great idea to put one in the waiting rooms of dentists, Drs etc where we are sat bored for ages! Might pick up some additional support.

I don't work in one but if the club had some old ones I would willingly drive round approaching the above and ask whether we could leave on there (plus a fixture poster).
We need to talk and you need to read the OS more. Seriously, have PM'd you.

Matt.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

tq1 is first class. A real credit to the club.
I would like to see a feature on the Directors. It would be good to know a little more about the current Board who have done so much to bring the club
back to life after the ill fated Roberts era.
One comment about the Stoke programme.The feature on the Old Grandstand by Matt Parkman was not correct. The record gate of 21,908 in Jan 1955 was against Huddersfield Town in the F A Cup when we lost 1-0. We did not play Tottenham Hotspur until 1965 I think and the score was 3-3 not 2-2.
I was at both games.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

What an arsehole that Matt Parkman must be.

*cough* Matt. *cough*

I'll be sure to raise your idea about the Directors feature at the next Focus Group...
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Never mind Matt. You probably were not on the planet in 1955! Long time ago.Still find it hard to believe we got 21908 into Plainmoor.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

1955 was longer before my birth than has elapsed since.

My info came from the old OS, shout at them. :nod:

Matt.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

You could try vets waiting rooms too!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Saul Halpin is apparently 29 as well, although he might well be, the amount time he seems to have been around. Other than that, I think it is an excellent programme and the editor and contributors are to be commended.