Benyon Returns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
houndtorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Benyon Returns

Post by houndtorgull »

PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

desperate? pipe down

This is good news, could it herald 4-4-2!!??

Benyon and when rene is back up top would work very well with each other
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

What do you mean? I think bringing back Benyon is a great idea! Small, quick, skilful, will be able to work well with Rene and will (well should) score goals. Really liked Benners when he was here last, I'm very happy with this! :scarf:

We got the boy from up the road Benyon, Benyon....
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed, great news, anyone who was at the game Saturday would have seen us create 5 very good chances and shoot straight at the keeper, if we had a natural finisher on the park, i.e Benyon we no doubt would have won that game with ease, as Fleetwood at best were garbage.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

I agree with the above, obviously time will tell but we desperately needed a boost in the striking department and I think Benyon's a good option. We all know how good he was when he last played for us - granted he's had very little regular football but he's got it in him to be top drawer. Could be just what he needs - a return to somewhere he performed the best in his career so far.

Hopefully it will be a good move for both parties, do us proud again Elliot.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Good news.

Hopefully everybody who wanted a loan signing will be happy - until he misses the net a couple of times anyway ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

The big issue I saw when watching games was, Rene likes to come deep to get the ball or finds himself wide. Usually I wouldn't mind but when he is the lone striker we have no one to aim at. With benners he likes the old fashion goal hanging and plays off the last man which would suit him and would benefit Rene too. Would create space for Rene has the defenders will have more than one man to worry about. very happy with this, will suit the team.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I admit I was never his biggest fan before, but he's an improvement on what we have here. He should be able to link up with Rene in a 2-upfront formation and be more effective than Yeoman & Jarvis. It isn't the cover for Rene that we were hoping for but I think that he might be able to hit the net a couple of times. It is essential he does something here or his career could really drift into nothingness. He has been out on a limb since he left us, so it is important for him aswell as it is for ourselves. Lets hope it pays off.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Not a bad signing but didn't we want someone like Rene ?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It was actually Martin Ling who said he wanted a big type striker in the mold of Rene Howe, what I, as a fan was hoping for is a striker who only needs half a chance to bury the ball in the back of the net, we all know Benners can do just that.

The issue before for me is, he was often played as a loan front man a role that did not suit him, hopefully on rene's return we will see them upfront as a pair, just imagine if Benners is not to ring rusty, what he will be capable of with Big Rene doing riding shotgun for him.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

I'm happy with this.

Good news i think.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Happy with this, only issue for me is the lack of game time he's had recently but still, welcome back Elliot :)
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

Ditto... I suppose it depends on the Elliot Benyon that turns up!

The free scoring striker sold for 100K, or a journey man pro with only a handful of starts to his name over the last few seasons.

Either way, I welcome his return.
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

I think this is a good signing provided he's not carrying any long term issues from his injuries. There was no doubt he became a much improved player in his time with us and was a very solid L2 goalscorer when we sold him. Reckon he could be the perfect foil for Rene; big lump + fox in the box. Welcome back Elliot.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Excellent news. I like Elliot and he is just what we need a finisher! This season we have missed 4 out of 5 chances because with the notable exception of Rene we do not possess a natural striker. With Benyon get the ball in the 6 yard box and he will score.