Opening day fixture

General chat about anything else goes here.
MartinTheJourno
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Metronomy

Opening day fixture

Post by MartinTheJourno »

I come in peace as an AFC Wimbledon fan. I'm just interested in some Gulls fans' opinions on your expectations for this season. I think this year L2 is going to be so hard to call, and count both Torquay and ourselves as impossible to judge whether we should expect a decent season or another year of stress like the last one!

So, in your view, should the travelling Dons fans be confident about our visit to Plainmoor on 3 August?!

Secondly, can anyone advise whether away fans are welcome in the club bar before the match? I was in there before our game on NYD last season but got the impression it might have been through luck rather than permission due to our similar club colours! o:)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Well - very hard to tell where we stand at this stage as we have many spots yet to be filled in the squad. Away fans always welcome in Boots and Laces.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Unless it's Argyle or Exeter..
MartinTheJourno
Trialist
Trialist

Thanks, I look forward to coming back to Plainmoor. I hope it's closer to last season's result than the 4-0 horror show from the Dons the season before that!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Nah, hopefully another 4-0 will happen :P. Still annoyed about our failure to turn up at Kingsmeadow in April that season, ruined our chances of promotion that result :(
MartinTheJourno
Trialist
Trialist

There's less chance of another 4-0 defeat for the Dons now that we have a manager with some idea on what defending is all about. I mean, crikey, he's even signed some defenders!