Possible new players award

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Possible new players award

Post by Glostergull »

Although it's very early in the season. I wonder if anyone has thought about an award that could be given to a player who has shown the most improvment each season.
In the past few years I can think of one or two who have not done much to excite many supporters and then the next season set the place alight or shown such an improvment that it makes everyone sit up and take notice.
Take Danny a couple of years ago. I always liked him as a man and player. Yes he wasn't the tallest guy on the park and it probably held him back, but he was a winger who could trick his way past all sorts of players. He wasn't always consistant but some liked him and some didn't.
He showed loyalty and commitment even if he didn't set the place alight too much.
Then one season he suddenly started scoring for fun and really went on a blistering run of form.
I am sure there are other players in the past who could set your imagination running. But my main cause for this thread is whether we already have a possible contender for this seasons most improved player.
Step forward so far. Martin Rice.
he has shown loyalty by coming back when many would have turned their backs having been rejected before. He has shown loyalty by sticking at it in the backscene while Pokey was seemingly permenantly installed as no.1. Now he has been given the chance to show what he can do. I doubt anyone could wish him less. I also doubt the Pokey could have done any better.
Wow what a difference. it also reflect very well on kenny who has turned him into such a good keeper.
Who else agrees. Or have I put the cat among the pigeons again. Well we can only see if Brucie or Matt decide to fight it out again.
as I said, early days yet. But it looks promising.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Are you bored by any chance.............
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Are you bored by any chance.............
Yeah, he's just read your posts in the matchday thread :~D

I always thought the 'most improved player' award was the one for the hopeless kid who couldn't play to save his life, but was likely to go a bit Anders Breivik if he didn't win something.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Rivo_7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rivo_7 »

ferrarilover wrote:I always thought the 'most improved player' award was the one for the hopeless kid who couldn't play to save his life, but was likely to go a bit Anders Breivik if he didn't win something.
Hahahaha, so wrong but yet so funny!! :rofl: :rofl:
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

:lol:
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't know whats going on in my head right now, here we have a footballing matter and I totaly agree with Matt,, :O

Spent a few years managing both mini-soccer and full sided youth teams, back end of last season was approached to take over an U15 side after their manager had quit, agreed to, at the end of the season club meeting was asked to submit names of players who won awards including most improved player.

My reply, with some what of a smirk on my face was, all very well presenting such an award to a 9 year old, more than a tad patronising to present to a 15 year old. Think, I personaly would be embarrased to present some kind of forum most improved player award to a pro footballer.

Better idea in my view would be to present an award to whoever wins the forum player of the season vote.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote: Yeah, he's just read your posts in the matchday thread :~D

I always thought the 'most improved player' award was the one for the hopeless kid who couldn't play to save his life, but was likely to go a bit Anders Breivik if he didn't win something.

Matt.
Haha Good one Matt :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843