The Next 5 Games ...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

The Next 5 Games ...

Post by Robiberto22 »

You are the chairman of TUFC! :clap: (Well done you!)

You call Alan Knill into the office and lay out the next 5 games the last five of the calendar year - what would your target points total be? Considering this well could be a massive month for the club!

Next 5

Scunny AWAY -
Southend HOME -
Dag & Red AWAY -
Rovers HOME -
Exeter HOME -

Here is what my personal target would be for Alan - i'm being in my mind fairly hard on him considering our position ...

SCUNNY AWAY
A point here would be great! Do i think we'll get it? Probably not but still we can't go into a game with no hope! I'd be looking for a point here ... i know our record there is dismal,.

SOUTHEND HOME
Deary me 3rd in the league as it stands - this is a tough one for us, can't see us getting much here but if the back four play well we could maybe sneak a point - in the situation we're in we need to start picking the points up - 1 point is my goal.

DAGGERS AWAY
Hard to call this one they're doing fairly well - currently around 9th? but on paper i think we can go there with hope - any points here would be acceptable.

ROVERS HOME (BOXING DAY) & EXETER HOME
I'm putting these two together as we are at home for both i'd be looking for 4 points from the two i think 6 points is do-able - if Knill picks us up points at Dagenham then 4 would be good here.

So from these 5 my points target is 6-8 points do i think Knill can deliver it? Well no ... he may not be to far away but make no mistake December will be tough - i can't see the board doing any sacking before the Rovers game.

Should Alan not reach my target of 6-8 points i would start circulating rumors and evidence implicating Knill in the Yewtree investigation and have him arrested - getting him off my hands for no compo! I would then contact Greavsie / Carl Flecther / Branno / Bananas in Pajamas / Sturrock / Ian Beale / Adele / Guy Whittingham/ Guy Fawkes / Mike Bassett / Bertie Bassett and offer them the job!

Anyway - I'm not the Chairman - YOU ARE!

What would your points target for Knill be?

Not necessarily how you think we'll do - but how well you would expect as Chairman!

P.S This isn't another Knill out / Kill Knill / Knill touched me topic just a look at the next 5 games leading us into Plymouth on New Years day ...
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

7. Three against Exeter and Rovers and a point against D'n'R. Anything more is a bonus.

Excellent OP, by the way. Top use of Yewtree, also.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:7. Three against Exeter and Rovers and a point against D'n'R. Anything more is a bonus.
Excellent OP, by the way. Top use of Yewtree, also.
Matt.
Who/what is Yewtree..??
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

That's a reasonable assessment, Robiberto. Five more games will take us to exactly half way through the season. BUT - 6 points from those 5 games is the bare minimum as this would give us 21 points, meaning we would require 31 points from the second half of the season to reach 52 points and even that might not be enough to keep us up. We have to start turning draws into wins ..... and very soon !
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Gullscorer wrote: Who/what is Yewtree..??
Don't watch the news much lad? It's that whole investigation brought on through that whole Saville thing ...
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

As far as I am concerned you go in to every game with the team, tactics, system, plans to win.
If the performance is there, if the manager is doing his best to win games, if the players are doing their best to win games then the results will come. If after all of that the results don't come then something needs to change.
I really dislike all this negative crap of saying we can't beat this team, we need to look for a draw here. If we aren't trying to win every game then we should pack up and go home now.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It doesn't work like that - its league two, we have to start winning games especially at home otherwise we are going down. It really is that simple.
tufcgiants
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by tufcgiants »

We did well last night against what I think is a very good side. I'm a little more positive.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Robiberto22 wrote:You are the chairman of TUFC! :clap: (Well done you!)

You call Alan Knill into the office and lay out the next 5 games the last five of the calendar year - what would your target points total be? Considering this well could be a massive month for the club!

Next 5

Scunny AWAY -
Southend HOME -
Dag & Red AWAY -
Rovers HOME -
Exeter HOME -

Here is what my personal target would be for Alan - i'm being in my mind fairly hard on him considering our position ...

SCUNNY AWAY
A point here would be great! Do i think we'll get it? Probably not but still we can't go into a game with no hope! I'd be looking for a point here ... i know our record there is dismal,.

SOUTHEND HOME
Deary me 3rd in the league as it stands - this is a tough one for us, can't see us getting much here but if the back four play well we could maybe sneak a point - in the situation we're in we need to start picking the points up - 1 point is my goal.

DAGGERS AWAY
Hard to call this one they're doing fairly well - currently around 9th? but on paper i think we can go there with hope - any points here would be acceptable.

ROVERS HOME (BOXING DAY) & EXETER HOME
I'm putting these two together as we are at home for both i'd be looking for 4 points from the two i think 6 points is do-able - if Knill picks us up points at Dagenham then 4 would be good here.

So from these 5 my points target is 6-8 points do i think Knill can deliver it? Well no ... he may not be to far away but make no mistake December will be tough - i can't see the board doing any sacking before the Rovers game.

Should Alan not reach my target of 6-8 points i would start circulating rumors and evidence implicating Knill in the Yewtree investigation and have him arrested - getting him off my hands for no compo! I would then contact Greavsie / Carl Flecther / Branno / Bananas in Pajamas / Sturrock / Ian Beale / Adele / Guy Whittingham/ Guy Fawkes / Mike Bassett / Bertie Bassett and offer them the job!

Anyway - I'm not the Chairman - YOU ARE!

What would your points target for Knill be?

Not necessarily how you think we'll do - but how well you would expect as Chairman!

P.S This isn't another Knill out / Kill Knill / Knill touched me topic just a look at the next 5 games leading us into Plymouth on New Years day ...
My target for Knill would be to find the £80 train fare required out of the club coffers (natch) to send him on his way home to Sheffield.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

For me, I would set my targets two games at a time.

Scunny & Southend: Minimum expectation from me is 3 points.

Daggers and Rovers: minimum of 4 points. Anything less from either pair and I would like to see Knill on his way. It's all about winning games and we are simply not winning games. It's alright getting draws but we will get relegated if we do not win enough games. Simple as that.

Don't think these targets are unrealistic.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

May I bring things crashing down to earth with a bump and say we need to forget about the next 5 games?

2 games ago we were all talking about the 'next 3 games' saying that Alan needs a minimum of 4 points from Accy/Plymouth/Scunny otherwise he will have failed totally and a lot of posters would be happy for him to be sacked.

We still have a game left of the 'big three' so I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves. If we don't beat Scunny then Alan has failed miserably in his task, a task many were only too happy to agree with a few weeks ago. Why has a draw at home to Plymouth suddenly made people give Knill another 5 games? He has had 3, Accy, Gargs and Scunny and as yet he hasn't made any progression. Even if we beat Scunny, 4 points from these 3 is not brilliant but the bare minimum.

He needs to beat Scunny - there are no excuses. Nor should we forget this.

A defeat and he has failed, he doesn't get a second chance of 'getting x amount of points from the nest x games' because if he does then when do the games run out and we need to win our last 4 to stay up.

Focus peoples - Scunny or bust for Alan.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

---
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 27 Nov 2013, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

[quote="AustrianAndyGull"]May I bring things crashing down to earth with a bump and say we need to forget about the next 5 games?

2 games ago we were all talking about the 'next 3 games' saying that Alan needs a minimum of 4 points from Accy/Plymouth/Scunny otherwise he will have failed totally and a lot of posters would be happy for him to be sacked.

We still have a game left of the 'big three' so I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves. If we don't beat Scunny then Alan has failed miserably in his task, a task many were only too happy to agree with a few weeks ago. Why has a draw at home to Plymouth suddenly made people give Knill another 5 games? He has had 3, Accy, Gargs and Scunny and as yet he hasn't made any progression. Even if we beat Scunny, 4 points from these 3 is not brilliant but the bare minimum.

He needs to beat Scunny - there are no excuses. Nor should we forget this.

Andy - some of us on here have been saying 'Give Knill until the end of the year to get us out of the mess he has got us into'. If performances had not improved, I would agree with you that he has to go earlier than that. However, by all accounts the Accrington game was a better performance and last night's performance was miles better than the Rochdale & Chesterfield games. Knill seems to have at last woken up and smelt the coffee by (a) changing the formation to a three-man midfield and (b) playing the two best footballers at the club - Nathan Craig and Thomas Cruise. Also, I believe that as Mozika gets to full match fitness, he will influence games more and more. So patience, Andy - that's the name of the game !! :-D
P.S. I think it's a big 'ask' to expect a win at Scunthorpe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

No Tommo. The first HALF AN HOUR v Accrington was decent NOT the whole game and I watched Northampton last night at Chesterfield and they worked their socks off and played some cracking stuff for 95 MINUTES. Give him until the New Year then and see where we are. Bottom by about 6 points is my opinion and it's been staring us in the face for about 15 games. We need Alan to get us playing as a unit, not trying to eek out scintillating performances from one or two players. We need grit now and not players like Mozika IMO. Mozika should really be kept until pre-season and then we can develop a side around him and get a set way of playing although I appreciate Knill's hand is forced due to injury.

I'm afraid it's time for the old fashioned approach of organisation and hard work because it's worked for Accrington, Hartlepool, Mansfield and other really poor and limited sides. They won't be going down because they know that by 100% application and a bit of luck they can squeeze out results. How sad is it that last night I saw Northampton play a country mile better for the whole game away at top of the table than I have seen us play in 7 away games. It saddened me because I know that if I were a Torquay fan watching that last night at Chesterfield I would be supremely confident of eventually getting out of the mess.
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 27 Nov 2013, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Once again apologies for the negative tone to some of my posts but I just see them as realistic. I don't want to take anything away from people's enjoyment of last night. I will be in good spirits at Scunthorpe and shouting words of encouragement throughout the game and hoping we can upset the applecart.