Phillips and Baker?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Phillips and Baker?

Post by DTG »

Let's not forget that it's these two clowns who got us into this mess. I was disgusted at the end of last season at the way they thrust Mrs Bristow forward to take the blame and scuttled like cockroaches into her shadow, complete cowards! I've said it before that you should never leave business in the hands of lawyers and accountants so while I'm at it show the door to Rowe and Hayman. This Board have shown themselves to be lacking in any knowledge of football, basic business, marketing, HR, CRM or PR. So it's time to cull the clowns! Bring in a proper football man to run the club and stop the amateur mistakes.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

show the door to Rowe and Hayman
Alex Rowe is probably the most competent chairman that we have had at Plainmoor. His work when the consortium took over, both as a frontman and behind the scenes, was the reason the club survived and then gained promotion. It was he who was at the forefront, shaking trees, kicking butts and generally using his motivation to get the finances together in the first place. He was, and still is, a highly respected man in the footballing industry.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by DTG »

Bud, then why has he been so quiet and allowed the last 2 seasons Keystone Kops management to continue? If he was as you say then surely he would have stepped forward to take the reins agian? Doing nothing, after all his hard work is just that, doing nothing. So he's just as guilty as the idiot Phillips and the nice but dim Baker.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yes, Alex Rowe was a fantastic chairman....I'm sure that he would still be there now if not for a slight error which forced him to go.

As for Arlene and Cheryl - yes, if what I've heard is right (and I've no reason to doubt the info), they need to go.

NOW!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
swindon gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benners

Post by swindon gull »

They are a waste of space and i cant remember a single thing they have brought to the club. It was good to see the one who stands on the pop side laughing and joking after the exeter game obv no concern about the dire straits the club was in. Persist with same boarc set up and they all will have a great view of a closed away end next season as all the attravtive derbys will have gone by the wayside.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

budleigh wrote: Alex Rowe is probably the most competent chairman that we have had at Plainmoor. His work when the consortium took over, both as a frontman and behind the scenes, was the reason the club survived and then gained promotion. It was he who was at the forefront, shaking trees, kicking butts and generally using his motivation to get the finances together in the first place. He was, and still is, a highly respected man in the footballing industry.
....... and Ian Hayman has been a dedicated member of the Board for many years, overseeing the club's finances. He is an asset to the club
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Totally with Budleigh, how anyone could bring Alex Rowe into this argument is beyond me.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Another thing, if he wasn't as committed to TUFC as he is, he'd be at Argyle now.
Dave

wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

:-D :-D :-D IMO now is not the time to take a pop at the Board or any of the board members............they have done the right thing at last, so we must all get behind them now that they have shown sufficient interest to put things right! Three cheers for the Board! Hip Hip etc. etc. etc.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by DTG »

My apologies for my comments about Mr Rowe.
Last edited by DTG on 02 Jan 2014, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I know for a fact that he has been pushing for things to be done and has met with resistance from those in control. Blaming him for anything since Simple Simon took over is just ludicrous.

You obviously have no idea how a board of directors operate so why make such a public attack on one of the few members of the board who have tried to be pro-active?
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Fair do's, Dave.
Dave

ABM
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Habib Sissoko

Post by ABM »

Southampton Gull wrote:Blaming him for anything since Simple Simon took over is just ludicrous.
First time I have logged on in a while... now I remember why. What a mature, brave and helpful contribution from the site manager. A veritable keyboard warrior! I only wish we could all be as well informed! Perhaps the site manager could share his valuable insight with members of the board personally? Including Simon Baker?

What? Eh? Oh.

Baker is clearly a loyal and committed fan, who stepped forward when others didn't. He does not deserve to be on the receiving end of such pathetic name calling. For what it's worth, my understanding is that he has been unhappy with Knill's tenure for some time.

ABM
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by DTG »

ABM wrote: First time I have logged on in a while... now I remember why. What a mature, brave and helpful contribution from the site manager. A veritable keyboard warrior! I only wish we could all be as well informed! Perhaps the site manager could share his valuable insight with members of the board personally? Including Simon Baker?

What? Eh? Oh.

Baker is clearly a loyal and committed fan, who stepped forward when others didn't. He does not deserve to be on the receiving end of such pathetic name calling. For what it's worth, my understanding is that he has been unhappy with Knill's tenure for some time.

ABM

I'm a loyal fan, does that mean i'm qualified to run a Football club? No, clearly not. Baker was out of his depth and nearly ran us into the Conference before hiding behind Mrs Bristows skirt at the last minute. As for him being unhappy, we were all feckin unhappy, even he couldn't miss that one!! He hasn't got a leg to stand on mate, utterly useless.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

ABM wrote: First time I have logged on in a while... now I remember why. What a mature, brave and helpful contribution from the site manager. A veritable keyboard warrior! I only wish we could all be as well informed! Perhaps the site manager could share his valuable insight with members of the board personally? Including Simon Baker?

What? Eh? Oh.

ABM
Ha, see you again in 2 years time.................
Dave