showing support

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sfcfox
New Signing
New Signing

showing support

Post by sfcfox »

Hi all,
Stevenage fan here. Just wanted to hand over my good wishes that you will be able to pull out of this funk, and spring up the table. always enjoyed a trip to Torquay, and hopefully Stevenage will remain in league 1, but the thought of Torquay dropping out of the league. Should boro go down to league 2, is horrendous. I just hope you can find a winning formula and keep the fight alive.
All the best
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Thanks so much for the support and kind words man. :-D

All the best to Stevenage too in their battle to avoid the drop.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
sfcfox
New Signing
New Signing

Post by sfcfox »

Thanks. I must say am surprised by the league position of torquay. Not rubbing in but, In the play off final I was bricking myself all of 90mins. you had beat us in every single encounter. Keep the faith! if all else fails you could get the same luck as what stopped us coming up in 96 (grrrr lol), in the form of Luton. Fingers Crossed.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Same old Torquay, when it really mattered we ballsed it up. We had a few decent opportunities on that day too but it just wasn't to be. Good luck to you for that. I was mortified though! Haha.

I remember going to Broadhall Way for a night game in your latter conference years when I sort of followed York before I became a fully fledged Gull and York won. Big Clayton Donaldson scored. I've never been back there since though and it doesn't look like I will next season either regardless of if you lot go down. Enjoyed it too. Nice tidy ground.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
sfcfox
New Signing
New Signing

Post by sfcfox »

Your a brave man to make the journey on a week night. Funnily enough I went to the away games at Torquay (for a nice holiday too) but none of the home ones. in my opinion two great teams, with two true set of fans. None of these concrete elephants with cardboard fans.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Actually foxy I lived in Yorkshire at the time but it was still a trek down the A1 for a night game I admit.

I think if you support a non league club or lower league club then you have to be a genuine fan. It goes without saying.
sfcfox
New Signing
New Signing

Post by sfcfox »

truer words were never spoken. that's why I believe Swansea fans are the most loyal. From League 2 to prem.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ah but the thing is, what if they start to struggle in the Prem? Do they remain humble and remember where they came from or do they just do what everyone else does and sack the manager to remain in the Prem at all costs? Surely the ones that were there at the Vetch in those dark days wouldn't mind if Swansea were to be relegated and even relegated again because it is only money that has changed their perception of their club. They are still Swansea and really still belong in the lower tiers. Like Wigan, Hull, Fulham and Cardiff.

If Wigan, who spent nearly all their existence in the bottom divisions, were relegated back into league 2 then half of their crowds would disappear overnight and they'd be left with the same fans who remembered the old days - plus a few more.

Like I said mate, lower league fans are the most genuine IMO.

Anyway, it has been good to sort of have this 'personal' chat. It's a shame none of my fellow Gulls have managed yet to acknowledge your kind words.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

sfcfox wrote:Hi all,
Stevenage fan here. Just wanted to hand over my good wishes that you will be able to pull out of this funk, and spring up the table. always enjoyed a trip to Torquay, and hopefully Stevenage will remain in league 1, but the thought of Torquay dropping out of the league. Should boro go down to league 2, is horrendous. I just hope you can find a winning formula and keep the fight alive.
All the best
Thanks for that - I'm still hoping that we stay up, but it's looking very bleak, even for an optimist like me!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Always nice to see another club's fan show their support, cheers sfcfox!

Living in St Neots, not so far away from you guys I've met quite a few Stevenage fans on the train down to London. What an absolutely fantastic bunch you guys are, still keep in contact with a couple of them too. I have never known a set of fans to be so humble and grateful of the position they are in.

I wish you all the best with your own battle and hope we will cross swords in a Football League match sometime soon, preferably League 1!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
sfcfox
New Signing
New Signing

Post by sfcfox »

here here. hopefully new manager brings new hope. Funny story actually. When we made the trip to Torquay in league 2. I was told by a gent and his missus, (after i'd told them I was going out to the town for some nightclub action). "your not going out in your Stevenage top are you?, you'll get beaten up". I laughed as could not associate a team so welcoming, with any sort of trouble.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Having lived in a tiny village on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors called Kirbymoorside and thinking it was the perfect place I was surprised to discover quite a few unsavoury characters, loud pubs, chavs and general ant-social behaviour that sets us apart from our more civilised European neighbours. From that day on I came to accept that you could be anywhere in Britain, at the top of Ben Nevis, on a deserted beach in the outer Hebrides or in a charming Cotswold village and it was more or less nailed on that you would encounter a knobhead or two. The UK has been saturated with underclass yes but many I saw causing trouble were also from well to do families and with plenty of coin. It doesn't seem to matter which social strata you come from, there is always plenty of wankers thinking they can do what they like and to hell with everyone else. It's the culture nowadays.