18 Points...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

18 Points...

Post by sam_ »

If you have given up, 99% of you presumably, don't read this!!

Here's he picture, we're 7 points from safety, with 18 points still to play for.

The fixtures being
Scunthorpe - This run of theirs has to end at some point, ours ended against Barrow back in the conference days, I'd take a point from this fixyure
Bristol - Winnable, they're in the mixer, struggling, new manager, can win this
Dagenham - Can definitely win this
Exeter - Who knows? Poor home form, but hey, it's a derby match
Mansfield - Could be a massive game, and winnable
Wycombe - Same as above

Now, I know full well we can't score and this is very optimistic, but we did it that season under Atkins, with some heart, passion, fire and desire, I think we could scrape it, or if not, certainly not go down without a fight!!

Only reply to this thread if you've got the same optimistic attitude as me, thanks
We'll be back...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

sam_ wrote:If you have given up, 99% of you presumably, don't read this!!

Here's he picture, we're 7 points from safety, with 18 points still to play for.

The fixtures being
scunthorpe - This run of theirs has to end at some point, ours ended against Barrow back in the conference days, I'd take a point from this fixyure
Wycombe - Same as above

Now, I know full well we can't score and this is very optimistic, but we did it that season under Atkins, with some heart, passion, fire and desire, I think we could scrape it, or if not, certainly not go down without a fight!!

Only reply to this thread if you've got the same optimistic attitude as me, thanks
Sam, I do believe that the points are there to be won and with CH taking a few risks then I'm 100% sure we would get a few wins on the board. The thing is, even if he takes these risks and we pick up form and confidence he will have left it far too late as we still have to rely on other teams dropping a lot of points. So now it's not only about us winning games but also needing favours and that's why for survival it's too late. On a positive note which you wanted, I feel going all out to win our remaining games would set CH in good stead for next season and shut up fans like myself who don't think he has the required mentality for crisis management. It would also give fans some hope that there is a glimmer of hope to work with both with CH and any of the players that may remain here. It's important we go out every game in a positive manner regardless.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Doombar? Or something stronger?

I think we will beat Scunthorpe. Guy Branston will have got them all fired up with his weekend Sunday Independent comments basically calling them a load of cowardly wimps. Promotion chasing teams often go on a wobble towards the end (we have been good at that in the past!). Nothing to lose. Should win. After that one game at a time.

18 points? I'll have whatever you're drinking Sam! ;-)
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

I won't give up till its mathematically impossible anything can happen in football

you'd dream of a run in of

Bristol
Dagenham
Exeter
Mansfield
Wycombe

but we need to start scoring, i think we'd need 4 out of 6 wins to just stay up, even with that it will be very close!

Its not over yet, but time is almost up
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:I won't give up till its mathematically impossible anything can happen in football

you'd dream of a run in of

Bristol
Dagenham
Exeter
Mansfield
Wycombe

but we need to start scoring, i think we'd need 4 out of 6 wins to just stay up, even with that it will be very close!

Its not over yet, but time is almost up
How I should have put it!
We'll be back...
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

stefano wrote:Doombar? Or something stronger?

I think we will beat scunthorpe. Guy Branston will have got them all fired up with his weekend Sunday Independent comments basically calling them a load of cowardly wimps. Promotion chasing teams often go on a wobble towards the end (we have been good at that in the past!). Nothing to lose. Should win. After that one game at a time.

18 points? I'll have whatever you're drinking Sam! ;-)

It's strong.. ;-)
We'll be back...
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

[quote="sam_"]If you have given up, 99% of you presumably, don't read this!!

The fixtures being
scunthorpe - This run of theirs has to end at some point, ours ended against Barrow back in the conference days, I'd take a point from this fixyure
Wycombe - Same as above

Read if I was MANAGER. :keepie:
badamsincalifornia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by badamsincalifornia »

I think what Sam was saying is that there are still 18 points to play for. But Sam, we are actually 8 points adrift from safety because you have to take goal differential into account.....
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, however we can't score, can't pass, can't defend, can't shoot, the kit's awful, the coach keeps breaking down. yep, it's made for 6 wins out of 6...now I'm on it.. (D)
Formerly known as forevertufc
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

forevertufc wrote:Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, however we can't score, can't pass, can't defend, can't shoot, the kit's awful, the coach keeps breaking down. yep, it's made for 6 wins out of 6...now I'm on it.. (D)
I love it, but each to their own
We'll be back...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i think if we got 18 points then we'd def stay up! cant imagine every team winning 4 games to stay above our haul

how likely is it, not a chance in hell! ha i typed hele then, same difference!! we're 1/33 to go down with b**365
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

10s for us to stay up, with b**victor, only one seeming to offer the price
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

bixieupnorth wrote:10s for us to stay up, with b**victor, only one seeming to offer the price
This is why I don't understand the betting process. Who in their right mind who has seen us play this season would be tempted to part with even a quid at 10/1?!! Crazy price. We are woefully adrift and have lost 22 games winning 9 out of 40. We should be at least 100/1 and even then I wouldn't risk a penny on it.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I just self administered 3 very large whiskeys and I think 18 points is more than doable.

I' m a sucker for a happy ending! :'(
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Reading this thread made me question my sanity. How is a team that loses most if its games suddenly going to go on to win six on the bounce? The answer is that it can't and won't. We are incapable of winning more than one of those games, we will probably lose all of them 1-0.