Petition against League Structure changes

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Petition against League Structure changes

Post by Richinns »

Sign away people:
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ ... to-b-teams#

Stop Greg Dyke - the man that will bring death to lower league football.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Fair play to the two blokes that are collecting this petition. They have collected over 17000 signatures already and now have a website live. Yes, I also don't know whether a petition will achieve anything, but it us surely worth showing Dyke what we think. Sacrificing our clubs to satisfy the greed of foreign owners of a handful of Premiership teams is sickening.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Signed last night - they also have a presence on twitter if anyone uses it; @againstleague3
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

This petition is unfortunately too simplistic and will be ignored. There's nothing wrong with 'B' teams, i.e. reserve teams, providing they play in their own league system outside the current football pyramid. Rather than making a naïve protest which will get nowhere, the organiser should have at least given a little more thought to it and included basic reasons for the petition and pointed the FA in a better direction. Top marks for making the effort though.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote:This petition is unfortunately too simplistic and will be ignored. There's nothing wrong with 'B' teams, i.e. reserve teams, providing they play in their own league system outside the current football pyramid. Rather than making a naïve protest which will get nowhere, the organiser should have at least given a little more thought to it and included basic reasons for the petition and pointed the FA in a better direction. Top marks for making the effort though.
well at least they have made the effort.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

They have made an effort, which should be commended. Yes it is naive, but it is a cry from the heart, which is often more powerful than reasoned argument. Reasoned argument rarely works against powerful vested interests anyway.

I suspect that further action will follow if Dyke does not drop this ludicrous idea. For example, why should I continue to pay a TV subscription that ends up in the pockets of the very clubs that are trying to screw mine. I intend it give my notice and explain the reasons. If other fans of smaller clubs did the same then consumer pressure would in time hurt the large clubs that are trying to bring their B teams into our League.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

gullintwoplaces wrote:They have made an effort, which should be commended. Yes it is naive, but it is a cry from the heart, which is often more powerful than reasoned argument. Reasoned argument rarely works against powerful vested interests anyway.

I suspect that further action will follow if Dyke does not drop this ludicrous idea. For example, why should I continue to pay a TV subscription that ends up in the pockets of the very clubs that are trying to screw mine. I intend it give my notice and explain the reasons. If other fans of smaller clubs did the same then consumer pressure would in time hurt the large clubs that are trying to bring their B teams into our League.
Spot on.

Money is the only thing they care about so it is the only way to make them listen.

Every supporter of a club outside the Premier League needs to let Sky know that they will be cancelling their contract if this idea is backed by Sky.

Also the FA need to be told that no more England tickets or merchandise will be bought until they withdraw this ridiculous plan.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

a voice of reason from the premier league boss......................... :clap:

they arnt all bad........ =D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27340856
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Gullscorer wrote:This petition is unfortunately too simplistic and will be ignored. There's nothing wrong with 'B' teams, i.e. reserve teams, providing they play in their own league system outside the current football pyramid. Rather than making a naïve protest which will get nowhere, the organiser should have at least given a little more thought to it and included basic reasons for the petition and pointed the FA in a better direction. Top marks for making the effort though.
Not really and no it won't.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
badamsincalifornia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by badamsincalifornia »

I signed the petition and it is currently over 24,600. It was easy to sign and only took a minute. Even though it is simplistic in nature, the point is being made. Please take a minute to go to the site and sign.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

It might be viewed by some as simplistic and not worth signing. Well to those I say. What have you done to register a protest. Have you set up a commision to review the review. have you sorted out a meaningfull petition or protest. If not why Not. Don't just sit there on your arse complaining. Get off your butt and do something. I have signed it
All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to stand by and do nothing.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843