New Idea's to help clubs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

New Idea's to help clubs

Post by arcadia »

IT'S TIME FOR THE SEPTEMBER SALES it's a great shame that Chris Hargreaves has previous managers mistakes around whilst he's trying to build a side to get back to the football league. Chris is being hampered by another managers mistakes. Saying that, a couple may prove that
they are good enough for the money that they are getting. This is where directors play their game, it's a shame that Torquay have not got the financial power to pay off the players that Chris does not want.
It's a shame that the relegated teams can't have a retained list at the end of a season when they leave the Football league. It's a shame that the Football league can't help the clubs that have players on contract that took them out of the league. It's a no win situation the players are not at fault and the club that signed them were thinking they were good enough. When there is millions of pounds wasted on rubbish foreign premier league players, it's sad to see the bread and butter English players suffer. :keepie:
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Football is a unique business. The reality is that Torquay United is a business with a turnover of just £2.5m. In any other business with so few customers, and less than £7k a day coming in, a large % of the staff would be on the minimum wage, or certainly a low wage.

Football is on the crazy situation that those lucky enough to have the talent, even in the 5th tier of English football, playing in front of crowds under 1000 several times in a season can still attract an average salary of £40k to £50k a year....which I bet is considerably more than many of the yellow army in much more useful (and arguably) higher skilled profession.

Those of us who are directors or run other business look in amazement at how, what appear to be pretty sound business men and women, can throw money at something with absolutely no chance of a financial return. Hats off to them for that.....at least they make Saturday afternoons enjoyable
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

New ideas to help clubs:

How about becoming a non-profit-making registered charity? After all, very few of them actually make a profit... :)
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I thought we had become a non profit making charity. We dont have any money or make any profit but what we have had we have given far too much of it to some really sh1t, undeserving footballers, that nobody else would have. Then theres all the 3 points we kept giving away very generously. There arent many clubs more charitable than us.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

On the other hand, things could be about to change. We could soon shoot up to the top of the Conference table and win promotion back into the Football League at the first attempt watched by capacity crowds, and then onwards and upwards into the Championship in a massively enlarged Plainmoor stadium, where we will challenge for promotion into the Premier League, making enormous profits in the process. Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea.

Oh, wait a second.. to achieve that we would need a large charitable donation from a super-rich Asian or far-eastern multi-trillionaire... :-/
Last edited by Gullscorer on 16 Aug 2014, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

One of ferrarilover's apostrophes in the thread title.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

jonnyfive wrote:One of ferrarilover's apostrophes in the thread title.
I find that such errors are more than possible after 10pm... :~D