Training Ground

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Training Ground

Post by RoadGull »

I have just been talking with a close associate out at Newton Abbot racecourse and it would seem that training could well be returning to the old ground they used to use there in the middle of the course, back in the days of Mr Rosenior.

A lot of time and money was spent out there with Director Brian Palk overseeing all the drainage work, so this may be good news.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Quite staggering if thats the case. What a waste of time the other venture was then.
TUST #324
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think there has to be a separation between old and new, yes TUFC is still the same club, but it has new owners, something a few academy parents haven't grasped sadly, but also understanding how upset they may be.

It goes with out saying any professional football club needs a fit for purpose training ground. But, our football would have been just as well off, if they'd invested heavily in sub-prime debt, the Sealye Hayne project has been a very, very expensive failure, the club seems to have chucked good money after bad, with more bad on top, on ground it doesn't own, and at some point surely someone from the previous regime should have heard the alarm bells and said, STOP.

We're paying a for a lease on a ground that costs a kings ransom to maintain, it's never been finished, and it's a car crash wreck, to the point it barely gets used between OCT-MAR, the club in turn I believe has been paying rent for the all weather at PCC.

If there's a cheaper alternative out there, then another wise decision, from the new board.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

forevertufc wrote:Think there has to be a separation between old and new, yes TUFC is still the same club, but it has new owners, something a few academy parents haven't grasped sadly, but also understanding how upset they may be.

It goes with out saying any professional football club needs a fit for purpose training ground. But, our football would have been just as well off, if they'd invested heavily in sub-prime debt, the Sealye Hayne project has been a very, very expensive failure, the club seems to have chucked good money after bad, with more bad on top, on ground it doesn't own, and at some point surely someone from the previous regime should have heard the alarm bells and said, STOP.

We're paying a for a lease on a ground that costs a kings ransom to maintain, it's never been finished, and it's a car crash wreck, to the point it barely gets used between OCT-MAR, the club in turn I believe has been paying rent for the all weather at PCC.

If there's a cheaper alternative out there, then another wise decision, from the new board.
I must admit I was shocked when I discovered what the club actually has at Seale Hayne, effectively a field with some porta-cabins. After all we have heard from the club over the years about it I assumed we actually had Seal Hayne itself with proper pitches and buildings for gym, physio etc.

If the ground at the racecourse is still in good condition and usable all year round then the sooner we get back there the better.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084